Hi guys I’m back

Michael Vogel

Sorry Mike didn't want to bring you down.  I just hope you're on the road to recovery and you do stick around here. I always read your post in the Sonar section. You always had something interesting to say.

Peace 😊

You weren’t bringing me down.  It’s common to have emotional highs and lows following major surgery, especially heart. I’ve had anxiety ++ and just putting up with it. I’ve had medication for it before so my GP has put me on a really low dose of an antidepressant and after just a few days I’m feeling much better. Phew!

i think I’ve turned a corner and starting to appreciate some new found health.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Haven’t been around much as recovery from my bypass op has taken much longer than anticipated. I had been fainting and the drs were unable to find out why until just last week. I had another fainting episode whilst being monitored. 

I’ve been having ventricular pauses that last for 4 or more seconds. On Monday I had a pacemaker implanted and i feel like a new man. Seems not only the plumbing (coronary arteries) was stuffed but the electrical system was stuffed as well.

i feel like I haven’t felt in decades. Still limited by my back problems but i can finally move without gasping for air and feeling like my heart (even after the bypass) was going to bust out of my chest.

Ahh. Feels good to feel good.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MUDGEL said:

Haven’t been around much as recovery from my bypass op has taken much longer than anticipated. I had been fainting and the drs were unable to find out why until just last week. I had another fainting episode whilst being monitored. 

I’ve been having ventricular pauses that last for 4 or more seconds. On Monday I had a pacemaker implanted and i feel like a new man. Seems not only the plumbing (coronary arteries) was stuffed but the electrical system was stuffed as well.

i feel like I haven’t felt in decades. Still limited by my back problems but i can finally move without gasping for air and feeling like my heart (even after the bypass) was going to bust out of my chest.

Ahh. Feels good to feel good.

Glad to hear that Mike - onwards and upwards from here hopefully!

Don't overdo it just yet though mate, I'd limit it to just two marathons a month for the time being ☺️

3 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Glad to hear that Mike - onwards and upwards from here hopefully!

Don't overdo it just yet though mate, I'd limit it to just two marathons a month for the time being ☺️

Or only 20 mile bike rides Mike😊

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, MUDGEL said:

A actually I haven't paid for any of my medical treatment, tests or stays in hospital. Not even for my half dozen trips in an ambulance. 

Glad to see down under treats its citizens right!  Hope you now have a speedy recovery and no more set backs Mike.