c0000005 Fatal error with Waveshell2-vst3

Takahiro Seki

Question

Hi, 

I faced with the problem as I tried to open a project with Waves effects, but this error occurs and cannot open the project.

I found someone was experiencing a similar fatal error (a link attached) so I tried to reinstall both Waves plug-ins and CwB, opening the project with safe mode, but did not work. I really appreciate if someone can advise how to solve this.  Thanks.

322681893_3.PNG.26c8b0f631656e1ce1ddc0a880d64866.PNG

4 answers to this question

On 12/6/2020 at 5:54 AM, Takahiro Seki said:

Hi, 

I faced with the problem as I tried to open a project with Waves effects, but this error occurs and cannot open the project.

I found someone was experiencing a similar fatal error (a link attached) so I tried to reinstall both Waves plug-ins and CwB, opening the project with safe mode, but did not work. I really appreciate if someone can advise how to solve this.  Thanks.

@Takahiro Seki We've reported a few issues to Waves about crashes with V12, but if you would like us to check your dump file, please attach it to the post or send us a PM with the actual dump file or a link to it. You can find it in the path specified in the dialog you posted. Unfortunately we can't really do much with a screenshot of the prompt. Thanks!

I solved it with some waves v12 plugins with which I had the same problem avoiding waking up the presets from the cakewalk toolbar but only using the waves (load) toolbar instead. Therefore, you do not need to choose the preset from the toolbar at the top left of the plugin window.