Steinberg UR44C "disconnected" error

Moving Air Productions

Question

Hi.

So I just picked up a Steinberg UR44C interface and I'm having a problem: Every time I open Cakewalk, everything is fine. Drivers are there, channels are there. Everything is ready to go. But as soon as I attempt to assign a channel to a track, everything disappears. I get a "The... device was disconnected from your system. But it's still connected. It still shows up in Windows as being there, but it's just gone from Cakewalk. So I close Cakewalk and re-open it (or if I change driver types and then switch back to ASIO), then it's back and everything is where it's supposed to be. Sometimes I can even get the input assigned to a track, but the instant I hit the record arm button, it all disappears again.

Here are my specifics:

- Windows 10
- HP Laptop (AMD A12-9720P processor)
- Latest Cakewalk by Bandlab
- Firmware is 1.01 in the UR44C, latest drivers

Now, here's where the glitch might lie: I am running the system in 24/96. If I drop it down to 44.1 or 48, then this isn't a problem.  I can assign and record without worries. However, Now I know this interface is rated at 32-float/192, so I'm not worried about the box.  But when I open Cakewalk at anything over 48k, the interface "disappears" from Cakewalk.

Extremely frustrating. Any suggestions on how to make this work above 48k?

Edited by Moving Air Productions

4 answers to this question

Have you turned off USB power management in Windows Device manager (Start + Run devmgmt.msc) under Universal Serial Bus controllers - anything with Root hub under "power Management"

Also try Start + run "control powercfg.cpl,,1" and set USB Setting | USB selective suspend setting to disabled

I'm also assuming you have downloaded the latest drivers for the UR44C ( using manufacturer's websites rather than Windows updates)

11 hours ago, Promidi said:

Have you turned off USB power management in Windows Device manager (Start + Run devmgmt.msc) under Universal Serial Bus controllers - anything with Root hub under "power Management"

Also try Start + run "control powercfg.cpl,,1" and set USB Setting | USB selective suspend setting to disabled

I'm also assuming you have downloaded the latest drivers for the UR44C ( using manufacturer's websites rather than Windows updates)

I turned off power management, set the USB suspend to disabled, and do have the latest drivers from Steinberg. No change. Still won't stay at anything over 48k.  I now seem to be able to assign an input to a track, but shortly after I arm it to record, it disappears again.