Vintage Drum Elements in Step Sequencer?

ppleatppl

Hi all, I have a couple drum vst's that have all worked fine in step sequencer except for Vintage Drum Elements. I can click on the pads to create sound but no audio plays in step sequencer, also my midi controller doesn't seem to be automatically mapped it to it like w/ the others. Do I need to map the vst onto my midi controller because the notes are different or something? 

So going into piano roll view let me play around with the notes and find out what note each pad was assigned to, then i could change the notes in step sequencer. thanks kamikaze. not sure how i can save these "settings" but at least its usable now.

To name the notes for the instruments in the kit either create a drum map or a step sequencer template.

Drum maps may be used in the the PRV and Step Sequencer.

A step sequencer template is a pattern file created in Step Sequencer. It usually only contains the custom note names but may also contain any other step sequencer data.

11 hours ago, ppleatppl said:

So going into piano roll view let me play around with the notes and find out what note each pad was assigned to, then i could change the notes in step sequencer. thanks kamikaze. not sure how i can save these "settings" but at least its usable now.

Cool. My suggestion was to rule out a routing issue (if it works in PRV, then routing is correect), and when you convert to step sequencer, it only creates rows for the notes used in PRV (making it easy to indentfy the note assignments).

I only use one drum map (AD2), but I use Step Sequencer a lot, and its use of drum maps makes using AD2 much easier. It's worth taking Scook's advice and setting up a rum map for your drum VST.