Has anyone here used a Bose T1, or other Bose unit as their Cakewalk audio engine?

Rick Rickoff

I have  a friend who has installed Cakewalk on his computer and wants to use his BOSE T1  Tone Match unit as his audio interface for the DAW.   The T1 has microphone and line inputs, as well as offering a USB connection to the computer, but Cakewalk does not seem to recognize the connection.  The Cakewalk Audio Hardware Setup Guide does not show any BOSE devices in their Device list, which seems a bit strange.   Cakewalk's Audio and MIDI FAQs  has an entry related to an audio interface not appearing in Cakewalk but steers the reader to the Cakewalk Audio Hardware Setup Guide which, as I said, had no listing for any BOSE equipment.  I sent both links to my friend, and suggested that he check the BOSE support site to see if there are drivers that he needs to download and install.  I'm wondering if anyone here is using BOSE equipment as their audio interface, and what steps they took to get Cakewalk to recognize it.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

That's probably because Bose did not supply a proper ASIO driver and the device is running on some iffy audio codex. You know Audio interfaces that work properly are pretty cheap these days. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/UM2usb--behringer-u-phoria-um2-usb-audio-interface  

But if they want to use it try the Cakewalk WASAPI driver mode. Be warned, they will have a lot of audio issues like latency and syncing tracks. You need ASIO drivers for proper results in a DAW like Cakewalk. 

12 hours ago, Rick Rickoff said:

a USB connection to the computer, but Cakewalk does not seem to recognize the connection. 

I think that rather than  a driver issue is something that has to do with the connection of the audio interface with the DAW.

Because every properly  connection from an audio interface to a computer has to be visible to CbB software.

11 hours ago, bdickens said:

That's basically a processor for a PA.

Actually it's a grossly overpriced USB mixer. Same features would be less than $300 if it was a Mackie, Behringer or Yamaha. Bose uses snake oil marketing to give common features new names and make it all seem like it's magic. I don't think you have any control over some parameters, just stuck with presets. 

My last client came back at me complaining about how this percussive sound we placed in a song was not loud enough.  He couldn't hear it on his beloved Bose stereo. It was very audible everywhere else. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1