Can't Remove EQ Module From Pro Channel

razor7music

Hey Group--

I've had this lack of understanding for a while now, but I am just now asking about it.

I added the EQ module to the Pro Channel of a buss. The compression module was already there. Now, I've decided to use another EQ and I want to remove the "built-in" EQ module from that buss PC but the Remove and Replace Module options are both grayed out. I know I can just turn off that module, but it's always bothered me that since I added it, why can I remove it?

1.png

38 minutes ago, scook said:

The per-track EQ feature pre-dates the ProChannel. 

It  was added in SONAR 4.

The Quad Curve EQ is an update to the original per-track EQ hosted in the ProChannel.

The QCEQ cannot be removed.

Hey @scook

Just to confirm I understand what you're saying; I'm referring to the Gloss EQ module in the Pro Channel. If I have a buss Pro Channel that doesn't have any EQ (like the below screenshot) and I add the Gloss EQ module manually, I can then no longer remove it?

Thanks!

2.png

3.png

Edited by razor7music

That is a messed up installation.

Gloss EQ is the name of the Quad Curve EQ dll (the actual name is PCS-GlossEQM.dll).

The QCEQ should appear in the ProChannel of all tracks and buses.

It should not appear in the PC module menu.

1 hour ago, scook said:

That is a messed up installation.

Gloss EQ is the name of the Quad Curve EQ dll (the actual name is PCS-GlossEQM.dll).

The QCEQ should appear in the ProChannel of all tracks and buses.

It should not appear in the PC module menu.

D'oh!

Anything I could/should do?

I have seen it exactly like the OP's picture, was a few moths ago so what ever the latest version was at the time.I'm always  more of less up to date. . I think it was an old project and the Master buss didn't have the EQ module which I found odd.  I opened the Insert Module dialog and there was the Gloss EQ on the list. And just like the OP's picture, it had text and no picture which I also found as odd. 

What version of CbB are you running? 

Edited by John Vere

Yeah, if the project is old enough, it will not have the QCEQ loaded and does show Gloss EQ (aka Quad Curve EQ)  in the PC menu. I have not opened a file that old in years.

If this is the case here, the install is OK.

AFAIK, once added the QCEQ cannot be removed by DAWs that support the ProChannel. The QCEQ is treated a little differently from the PC modules.

AFAIK, some bundled ProChannel modules made by Cakewalk have special things in them, for example you can not insert *both* PC4K S-Type Bus Compressor and PC76 U-type Compressor in the same channel strip. You have to chose either one, or not at all. Thus, if you already have PC76 U-type Compressor, the PC4K S-Type Bus Compressor will disappear from the insert module menu. IF the channel strip doesn't have either of them (or remove it from the strip), both compressor will then be available in the menu for you to insert either one.

Another example is the Glossy EQ which by default is integrated and irremovable from the Channel strip. 

Other Cakey made ProChannel module (like Cakewalk CA-2A) works like other regular PC module.

5 hours ago, James Argo said:

AFAIK, some bundled ProChannel modules made by Cakewalk have special things in them, for example you can not insert *both* PC4K S-Type Bus Compressor and PC76 U-type Compressor in the same channel strip. You have to chose either one, or not at all. Thus, if you already have PC76 U-type Compressor, the PC4K S-Type Bus Compressor will disappear from the insert module menu. IF the channel strip doesn't have either of them (or remove it from the strip), both compressor will then be available in the menu for you to insert either one.

This is because these plug-ins were built for the original version of the ProChannel released with SONAR X1.

In this version there was a dedicated slot for each plug-in category. IOW, the ProChannel could have one Frequency processor, one Dynamics processor,  one Distortion processor and so on. The order of the processors could be changed but only one processors of each type could be used in the strip at a time.

This changed with the introduction of the modular ProChannel in X1 Producer Expanded. The modular PC eliminated dedicated processor slots allowing more than one compressor, EQ , etc. in a PC at a time. The PC-2A and the newer CA-2A are examples of PC modules developed for the modular ProChannel.

As mentioned before, while QuadCurve EQ resides in the PC and looks like a PC module, it serves as the replacement for a function that pre-dates the ProChannel. For this reason, it does not act like regular PC modules.

• Like 2