How do I restore the predefined chords file in staff view?

yeto

Question

Is it possible to restore the predefined guitar chords file in staff view? I deleted some chords by mistake.

Copied the below from help file. I guess I need to restore the Chords.liw file???

"SONAR stores its library of chords in the file Chords.liw. The chords in the library are sorted into groups. You can add and remove chords from the library, create new groups (i.e., for alternative guitar tunings), and add chords from a different library file."

Thank you,

Otey

Edited by yeto

6 answers to this question

I was hoping someone with experience with this feature would reply. I do not use the staff view for much but from messing with it today, it appears the Chord Properties dialog writes to %appdata%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\CHORDS.CWC. If this file exists, CbB uses it instead of the default chords.liw in the same folder. Remove or rename CHORDS.CWC and CbB reverts to using chords.liw.

If the liw files (there are two: chords.liw and chordsnew.liw which appear to be identical) are missing from the folder - hold the SHIFT key, right-click the CbB icon and Open the program to restore the missing files. This works for any of the files installed by CbB that may be missing from your user directory.

4 hours ago, scook said:

I was hoping someone with experience with this feature would reply. I do not use the staff view for much but from messing with it today, it appears the Chord Properties dialog writes to %appdata%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\CHORDS.CWC. If this file exists, CbB uses it instead of the default chords.liw in the same folder. Remove or rename CHORDS.CWC and CbB reverts to using chords.liw.

If the liw files (there are two: chords.liw and chordsnew.liw which appear to be identical) are missing from the folder - hold the SHIFT key, right-click the CbB icon and Open the program to restore the missing files. This works for any of the files installed by CbB that may be missing from your user directory.

I have all 3 files. I deleted some chords by mistake and I would like to have them back. I don't remember which ones I deleted. Would I rename CHORDS.CWC and then hold SHIFT key, right-click the CbB icon and Open the program and this would put me back to "square one"?

Also, right now the only group I am showing is Matrix Data Track which contains "no" chords so now I am thinking that maybe not only did I delete chords but chord groups as well.

One other thing I don't understand is in "Chord Properties" the Finger/Thumb option. When I try to use this feature it does not show a number (1 thru 4) or a (T) for thumb it just shows the black dot.  

Thank you for looking in to this for me,

yeto

Edited by yeto