Sonar/Cakewalk noise (pops, clicks, engine dropout)

Brian Johnston

I have both X3 and the latest version... both with the same issue. I have sufficient disk and CPU, but I keep getting garbled noises, pops, clicks and engine dropout in both Cakewalk Sonar X3... and the latest Cakewalk by Bandlab. I have the buffers as high as possible... not sure what else I should be doing. My problem is running Guitar Rig 6. Yesterday, it was fine and I did several hours of recording.  Today, however, it's unlistenable and I'm unable to mix it down to a wav file.

Just now, Brian Johnston said:

I have both X3 and the latest version... both with the same issue. I have sufficient disk and CPU, but I keep getting garbled noises, pops, clicks and engine dropout in both Cakewalk Sonar X3... and the latest Cakewalk by Bandlab. I have the buffers as high as possible... not sure what else I should be doing. My problem is running Guitar Rig 6. Yesterday, it was fine and I did several hours of recording.  Today, however, it's unlistenable and I'm unable to mix it down to a wav file.

It sounds like your PC is at its wits end. what are you r PC specs? It is definitely an audio interface issue.

What audio interface do you have. Some interfaces just do not have good drivers for good PC/DAW performance

If you use a laptop, do you have a sperate hard rive for audio only that spins at 7200RPM or greater?

Have you tried freezing your tracks to free up resources?

Without any info about your pc and audio interface, I would say update your PC, audio interface or freeze tracks

18 minutes ago, Brian Johnston said:

Hotone (JOGG)

This is not really a good interface if you want good performance. Its a stomp pedal.  

19 minutes ago, Brian Johnston said:

Line 6 Toneport UX8,

This is really not a good interface for good performance either.

I would invest in a good audio interface, form MOTU, RME, or Focusrite. They have good drivers written for them and drivers is what gives you good performance.

Our of the 2, i would use the Line 6 and the last thing i would try is to update the line 6 drivers to the latest ones available and lower the buffers. too high of buffers can cause artifacts.