Cakewalk MIDI

TheCrazyLunatic8

Question

I'm currently working on a song, and for some reason, cakewalk decides to stop MIDI playback. Nothings wrong with the drivers, it's not an audio dropout either. The velocity bars just turned grey/gray... help? I've tried everything in the Cakewalk MIDI playback manual.

Edited by TheCrazyLunatic8
added what i tried

17 hours ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

HI:)

@TheCrazyLunatic8

Are you sure? Select all Tracks and all Data or just Press CTRL +A .

Then Right Click on any Data and choose Edit --> Copy or press CTRL + Alt + C.

If that doesn't work there's really something wrong. If you right click you should be able to copy it, even if it is muted or freezed or archieved!

Could it be that you have accidentically mooved the data or renamed any Directory of the data or changed the rights on the Dir?

Bassman.

Ahh! The problem was that instead of selecting the clips, I was selecting the Tracks! But then.. won't all the clips just be pasted as MIDI instead of with the corresponding track?

HI:)

Open 2 Projects and Drag and Drop the Data from your project into a new one, the Midi/Audio Tracks should be automatically added. 

Instruments you have to add manually I think but perhaps somebody else knows this better.... (Manual?)

Good Luck;)

Bassman.

P.S. Why not try just 1 Track out and then do the rest if it works!

15 hours ago, TheCrazyLunatic8 said:

Ahh! The problem was that instead of selecting the clips, I was selecting the Tracks! But then.. won't all the clips just be pasted as MIDI instead of with the corresponding track?

If you select a track, copy it, go somewhere else and paste it, it pastes what you copied.

Copy a track, you paste a track. Copy a clip, you paste a clip. Copy automation, you paste automation. (Ignoring select/copy a with b with c etc.)