Cakewalk MIDI

TheCrazyLunatic8

Question

I'm currently working on a song, and for some reason, cakewalk decides to stop MIDI playback. Nothings wrong with the drivers, it's not an audio dropout either. The velocity bars just turned grey/gray... help? I've tried everything in the Cakewalk MIDI playback manual.

Edited by TheCrazyLunatic8
added what i tried

Ok:)

Where do you send the tracks to?

Which Channels? 

If it's a synth, can you see an Input Signal fromthe midi tracks? 

Can you widen the tracks yo we can see the track settings? 

In the video I can't see any output signal fom the tracks, perhaps no channel or  output destination?

Are you sure these are midi tracks?

Bassman

11 hours ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

From the Icons, they are Simple Instrument Racks.

@TheCrazyLunatic8 Right-click on each track and select Split Instrument Rack. That gives you separate MIDI and Synth audio tracks. A lot easier to see what is going on.

Just do a screen shot, no video needed. In focus, Please. 😀

Then also Views -> Inspector and do a screen shot of the Inspector pane of one of the tracks.

• Great Idea 1

20 hours ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

Ok:)

Where do you send the tracks to?

Which Channels? 

If it's a synth, can you see an Input Signal fromthe midi tracks? 

Can you widen the tracks yo we can see the track settings? 

In the video I can't see any output signal fom the tracks, perhaps no channel or  output destination?

Bassman

I can't understand exactly what you mean, but I am using BBC Symphony Orchestra Discover, and when I play, I can see the audio playing in the plugin, but not in Cakewalk for some reason @Nigel Mackay here is the screenshot (P.S Also using Spitfire LABS, Vital and ProjectSAM and the audio plays in all three but doesn't play in Cakewalk):
564152795_Cakewalk-UpliftingMusic.cwp_-Track05-12-202021_55_19.thumb.png.c32eb35b5e95c36ce39ac0b4549c588a.png

Edited by TheCrazyLunatic8

9 hours ago, tecknot said:

From your screen shot, you have volume automation in track 2.  Are you saying that CbB just stops playback or that the playback goes silent?

Kind regards,

tecknot

There's no sort of playback at all.. I've tried changing the drivers, checking my wave profiler, but nothing seems to work. I would say that the playback goes silent.

2 hours ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

HI:)

I've had that too years ago. 

Make a complete new project and copy the midi data into it and insert the BBC.

Perhaps it's the project...

Bassman.

Hi!
I would like to avoid that if possible... it's around 23-24 tracks' worth of data to paste; perhaps there is an alternative?

HI:)

@TheCrazyLunatic8

Are you sure? Select all Tracks and all Data or just Press CTRL +A .

Then Right Click on any Data and choose Edit --> Copy or press CTRL + Alt + C.

If that doesn't work there's really something wrong. If you right click you should be able to copy it, even if it is muted or freezed or archieved!

Could it be that you have accidentically mooved the data or renamed any Directory of the data or changed the rights on the Dir?

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer