Is anyone else awaiting GForce to have a sale on the M-Tron Pro and expansions?

PavlovsCat

Over a decade ago, I dropped over $200 USD on an GForce M-Tron and expansion packs. Even with support, I was never able to get the VST to work with Sonar. They've extended upgrade pricing to me and I'm ready to try again. I seriously love the sounds of Mellotrons, Chamberlins and the various iteration of "trons" (on a side note, I find it interesting how we call all of them Mellotrons when Mellotrons were actually a blatant rip off of the Chamberlin; I can't think of many other inventions where we do that) and I have A LOT of VST and sample libraries of them. However, I don't have the M-Tron Pro and I love the demos I've heard of it and its various expansion packs. However, my budget is tight. I was once, long ago, a working musician, but I'm now just a hobbyist and have a very limited budget for this passion of mine. Consequently, I've been hoping GForce would have a Black Friday sale. Nope. A Christmas sale. Nope -- or at least, not yet. And I did some searching to see their history of sales and found that they're pretty erratic.  So the reality is, while I am on their email list, my email inbox is overloaded and I've come to rely on this forum -- and largely cclarry -- to keep me informed of even developers' sales, even for ones where I'm on their email lists. 

So, my point is that considering that GForce is a relatively small developer, if there is enough interest, that we might be able to persuade them to have a sale.  In fact, I'm hoping that if I can get enough people interested here, then other forums, I will send their CEO an email informing him to get his attention. Is anyone with me? I love what G-Force does. I want to buy the M-Tron and just about every expansion pack and if there are others who love Tron sounds as much as I do, I bet we can get better pricing and make G-Force happy too. What do you say? Is anyone with me?  

https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/m-tron-pro/

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Like 1

Earlier this year for their 20 year anniversary in May they had many of their plugins on sale for 60% off including Mtron Pro.  Not sure if this was a one off event or not.  I personally purchased a few during that  sale and others might have as well.

2 minutes ago, kevin H said:

Earlier this year for their 20 year anniversary in May they had many of their plugins on sale for 60% off including Mtron Pro.  Not sure if this was a one off event or not.  I personally purchased a few during that  sale and others might have as well.

So, if we could persuade them to do another sale, might you be interested in picking up some additional sounds for your M-Tron Pro? Also, are you happy with the VST? It seems great and is easily the VST I'm most looking forward to picking up next. 

On 12/3/2020 at 5:38 PM, PavlovsCat said:

So, if we could persuade them to do another sale, might you be interested in picking up some additional sounds for your M-Tron Pro? Also, are you happy with the VST? It seems great and is easily the VST I'm most looking forward to picking up next. 

See my post above.  Couldn't get the quote function to work earlier.