fatal error

LNovik@aol.com

Question

After getting shutdowns all the time until I replaced by SSD about a year ago, I haven't had a problem since.  I do have a new-ish computer with 16 GH RAM, and an i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2 GHz

I've been working on a song for a couple of months and can't think of losing it. However, suddenly when I open ed the file today, I got the following message:

image.png.34532461eab209034a134a133b750668.png

The only think I can think of is that I have recently purchased some Waves effects. I HAVE heard they use up a lot of memory, but I figured that if things got sluggish, I would get rid of some of them.  I would be happy to delete some of these, but, as I said, I can't even get into the song to delete some of them.

ANy ideas?

Thanks.

LNovik

4 answers to this question

OK. I know there's an abbreviation for the "original asked of the current thread's question," but I seem to have forgotten it. I am that person. I DID try PROMIDI's suggestion.  While holding down the shift key, it took me to a new field which asked me if I wanted to open up each of the multiple effects that I had been including in my current project. When I only chose a few of them, the song file  has now opened.  Thanks PROMIDI.

I guess I'll now try to get by with fewer effects. Is there any way I can tell when I'm nearing this limit, other than getting the dreaded, "Fatal error, you may never enter here ever, ever again" message?

Thanks.

LNovik

I would say that when you get to Wave Shell, don't load it, because it looks as if it's a Waves plug-in that's causing the issue.

Use Waves Central to check and make sure you have the latest versions of your Waves plug-ins.

Cakewalk doesn't just crash like that from putting too many plug-ins in a project and running out of memory. The sign you've got too many plug-ins in a project is that playback will start to have crackles or the audio engine will keep stopping. It's a Waves plug-in or a combination that's giving you this issue.