How toc hange bitrate on the fly

Cédric Lawde

I've some olds projects that i'v recorded at 44.1hz.

With my Behringer X32, i used to set the bitrate to 48hz. But when I load my old projects, I have to quit Cakewalk (it won't play the 44,1 file with 48hz by default) change the bitrate on the mix desk et re-open Cakewalk.
It's a waste of time. But, ok, it is some olds projects.

But.

I forget to change the bitrate for new projects and, at some point, I realize that I have made good progress in a new project whose new plugins seem to be optimized for 48Hz. And that bothers me cause I'm in 44,1hz...

There is no way that Cakewalk can't read on the fly these audios waves with another bitrate ?

Yes, and there have been cases reported where devices that are supposed to automatically change sample rate fail to do so resulting in the audio recorded at the interface sample rate and audio clip headers reporting the DAW sample rate. 

To avoid surprises, when changing sample rate, it may be a good idea to verify the project and the interface are running the sample sample rate.

If the audio interface is also used for Windows, this gets a little more complicated as Windows and the DAW should always be set to the same sample rate too.