How do you use iZotope Ozone 9 etc. in Cakewalk?

Seb

I've installed it, tried adding its file path to the VST scan, it doesn't show up... I tried searching up about it but there's nothing online that says how you load it in to use. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm not very good with DAWs. 
Thanks. 

Did you install the VST2 or VST3 version, and did you run the VST scanner utility afterward?

Any time you install a new plugin, the DAW has to then discover it before you can use it. That's what the scanner does. It looks everywhere that a VST might be (you have to tell it what folders you keep VSTs in) and adds any new ones to the list. I usually invoke the scanner from the Plugin Manager (Utilities -> Cakewalk Plugin Manager). Alternatively, you can run it from the Preferences dialog, which offers more options but essentially does the same thing.

If you've already done that (you may have Cakewalk configured to do it automatically every time you start it up) and the plugin(s) still don't show up, it may be that the scanner isn't looking in the right places. That's why I asked about VST2 vs. VST3, as the latter always stores files in the same place, whereas with the former they can go anywhere. So if you installed VST2, and the installer put it into a folder that's not included in the list of places the scanner looks, you'll have to add that location to the list and re-scan.

Sounds complicated, I know. But it'll quickly become second-nature once you've caught the notorious G.A.S. bug and start installing new plugins every other day! (G.A.S. = Gear Acquisition Syndrome, the obsessive compulsion to keep buying more and more plugins, or guitars, or whatever.)

• Like 1