Behringer X-Touch - Having issues getting it to show up in CWB

Patrick Azzarello

Question

Tonight I finally got around to hooking up my Behringer XTouch, and checking out a number of YouTube videos on how to configure it. 

However, I can't get past Step 2 and am wondering if I'm missing something major like using the wrong connection type: 

Step 1: Connect XTouch to PC USB (after having set the XTouch for USB connectivity using Mackie Control)

Step 2: Open Cakewalk Preferences and Select XTouch from the dialog - 

• XTouch does not appear in Preferences | MIDI | DEvices 

Checked the Behringer site and see no XTouch specific drivers for the device. 

Open/Closed/Open Cakewalk - no change

Restart PC - No Change

I'm probably missing something easy, and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. 

Thanks in advance - 

Pat 

4 answers to this question

A little more info - I think it's actually not enumerating in Windows at all, and can't figure out where it should be in Device Manager. In some cases I'd say I have to install a driver, but there doesn't seem to be one on the Behringer site, which I would assume to mean that it should work with the inbox MIDI driver.  

More Info:

As it turns out there's an issue with AMD RYZEN and some USB devices, XTouch being one of them. I'm workign through it, and will update the thread as I find out more. 

Ugh....  

Edited by Patrick Azzarello

Alright. Found a couple of issues but it's now working 

1. The Ryzen issue seems to be resolved after taking a Windows update to Windows 10 20H2. Don't know what the underlying fix was, but that fixed it. 

2. I did have to change my MIDI driver mode to  UWP. Since UWP doesn't name the ports very well I'll be giving them friendly names today. 

Thanks for the help, and I hope this helps others.