Jump to content
  • 0
Patrick Azzarello

Behringer X-Touch - Having issues getting it to show up in CWB

Question

Tonight I finally got around to hooking up my Behringer XTouch, and checking out a number of YouTube videos on how to configure it. 

 

However, I can't get past Step 2 and am wondering if I'm missing something major like using the wrong connection type: 

Step 1: Connect XTouch to PC USB (after having set the XTouch for USB connectivity using Mackie Control)

Step 2: Open Cakewalk Preferences and Select XTouch from the dialog - 

  • XTouch does not appear in Preferences | MIDI | DEvices 

Checked the Behringer site and see no XTouch specific drivers for the device. 

Open/Closed/Open Cakewalk - no change

Restart PC - No Change

 

I'm probably missing something easy, and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. 

Thanks in advance - 

Pat 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Try switching your MIDI driver mode from UWP to MME (or vice versa) within Preferences->MIDI->Playback and Recording.

You can't change this if you've got a project loaded, so change it before opening any project.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Switched MME to UWP , back and forth, and still no luck. I'll look UWP for more information, but all it seemed to do was strip the friendly names from the devices  (except for the SoundForce SFC-MINI controller). 

Any other ideas?

Pat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

A little more info - I think it's actually not enumerating in Windows at all, and can't figure out where it should be in Device Manager. In some cases I'd say I have to install a driver, but there doesn't seem to be one on the Behringer site, which I would assume to mean that it should work with the inbox MIDI driver.  

More Info:

As it turns out there's an issue with AMD RYZEN and some USB devices, XTouch being one of them. I'm workign through it, and will update the thread as I find out more. 

Ugh....  

Edited by Patrick Azzarello

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Alright. Found a couple of issues but it's now working 

 

1. The Ryzen issue seems to be resolved after taking a Windows update to Windows 10 20H2. Don't know what the underlying fix was, but that fixed it. 

2. I did have to change my MIDI driver mode to  UWP. Since UWP doesn't name the ports very well I'll be giving them friendly names today. 

Thanks for the help, and I hope this helps others. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...