How to send an exact copy of an audio CD over the internet

gmp

http://www.gearsoftware.com/pro-mastering.php

I guess it's not from your link but your link took me down a rabbit hole that ended up here.  Hofa seems well liked and shows up via searches a lot. So does  Sonoris. 

I played around with the Wave Lab tool and it seems pretty straight forward. Wave Lab is never user friendly. They haven't updated the GUI for a long long time. Well maybe they did, but I'm still on version 7.  But while looking up DDP I found Wave Lab mentioned a few times so that's how I stumbled on the feature. Was super hidden and had to google the help info. 

Edited by John Vere

There are also some DAWs that can export a DDP file (e.g. Samplitude), maybe you have one of them.

Myself I did the DDP export always with the Hofa CD-Burn & DDP Plugin (I grabbed it some time ago for 50 EUR). You can use this plugin in any DAW.

3 hours ago, Bill Phillips said:

Not everybody will be familiar with command line programs.

Do you use it?

Will it work on Windows 10 2004 64-bit?

It's never too late to learn.

As I said, personally I use Studio One for DDP export.

But, int the spirit of helping folks out on the forums, after I posted the link a couple days ago, I downloaded the utility from the link in my post, and read the manual and ran the --version to see if it matched expected output, verified it apparently ran fine on Windows 10 64-bit. Then I started researching the CD Cue Sheet format. And then I said, "maybe I'll explore this further and write a blog post about it, when I have more time".

I see no reason why it wouldn't work, for someone who didn't have a DAW with DDP export and didn't want to spend money and was willing to put in a little effort.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Colin Nicholls said:

It's never too late to learn.

As I said, personally I use Studio One for DDP export.

But, int the spirit of helping folks out on the forums, after I posted the link a couple days ago, I downloaded the utility from the link in my post, and read the manual and ran the --version to see if it matched expected output, verified it apparently ran fine on Windows 10 64-bit. Then I started researching the CD Cue Sheet format. And then I said, "maybe I'll explore this further and write a blog post about it, when I have more time".

I see no reason why it wouldn't work, for someone who didn't have a DAW with DDP export and didn't want to spend money and was willing to put in a little effort.

Thanks.