Popping sounds

Bob Lyn

Question

Can anyone give me a solution? Here is the issue

I am getting these popping sounds when

1-Playing a midi file with no action on mouse, key pad or Audio recording, EG guitar
2-Scrolling now time slider with mouse.

3- Does not occur with You tube  videos.

How can I get rid of them?

13 answers to this question

Here we go again! worked just fine until recently I used laptop while traveling.  Reconnected to its normal peripheral devices. This time I have popping along with scratching sounds, much like connecting 2 audio live wires. Used ASIO set up at different block size, no help. I have another DAW which works just fine at 256. Went as far as saving a copy and removing all unnecessary plugins and froze all tracks

Your thoughts?

Things to try:

With cakewalk confirmed as not running, rename your AUD.ini file.

This file is here: %appdata%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core

In preferences | Audio | Configuration File try adjusting the following EnableSetThreadIdealProcessor = False MixThreadCount = {number of cores minus 1} You might like to exit Cakewalk by Bandlab, go to the following folder and make a copy of the AUD.INI file before doing this: %appdata%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core

Tried disabling C-states and Intel Speedsteep? (This is done in the PC's BIOS and the method varies between PCs)

If that fails, maybe drop a note Cakewalk support at https://help.cakewalk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000025633