CWbyBandlab hangs when I press play or the transport

Kevin Bias

So I have a recently built PC running with an AMD Ryzen 2600 and 64G of Ram with the SSL2+ with all drivers updated.  Bandlab was running incredibly efficiently until up until the recent update. Here's what's happening. 

When I open a project, large or small, the audio engine is stopped. When i press play, the application hangs and hangs for a good while and I get the 'Unable to open audio record device. Device may not support the current project's audio format or may be in use.' message.  After I close that message, the application appears to be working normally, I can move the cursor around and hover etc. but the audio engine is still not enabled. My workaround has been to go into my driver settings and re-choose ASIO (even though it's already selected). Once I do this, the application again hangs for a good while (maybe 30 seconds or more). Then I'm able to click 'Apply' (then it'll hang again) and after the hang click 'Close' and then the audio engine will be okay unless I click on any windows folder outside of the app. Once BL is finally open, it does work as it should, but it will at times all of a sudden just hang and I have to repeat the above process. I have the sample rate set to 44.1 throughout my entire system, no drivers shared, no other audio devices active except the SSL. When i test the SSL, it's working properly outside of CW.  Very frustrating and time consuming when it was running like a dream weeks ago!

Ok folks, it looks like the program works normally and efficiently after I switched the SSL2+ to USB 2.0 instead of USB 3. It would appear that the Solid State Logic interface does not play well with USB 3. It causes the DAW to hang badly in my case.