Volume

Will.

Hey bakers and members. 

Kindly requesting to increase OR decrease the value of the volume fader with the mouse wheel by a 0.1db in both Console and Track View,  please. 

Right now, it does so by a value of 1.5db which is not a problem (you can click drag or type in the value,) but speed and flexibility are crucial these days in production. 

5 hours ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Would be nice if the steps were user definable

1.5db is pretty coarse...0.1db...well who can tell the difference ?

Personally I would be happy if I could change the default to 0.25 db and the shifted version was bigger, say 1db 

There's more control with 0.1db and you can really tell the difference immediately. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

On 12/2/2020 at 6:00 PM, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Would be nice if the steps were user definable

1.5db is pretty coarse...0.1db...well who can tell the difference ?

Personally I would be happy if I could change the default to 0.25 db and the shifted version was bigger, say 1db 

Put cursor on fader or knob: "+" or "-" in numeric pad change value by 0.2 or 0.3 (basically, 0.25)
Put cursor on numeric value, press enter: While value is highlighted, "+" or "-" in numeric pad changes value by 1.0.

Edited by kc23
Correction for tip.

13 hours ago, kc23 said:

Put cursor on numeric value: Arrow up or down changes value by 0.2 or 0.3 (basically, 0.25)
Put cursor on numeric value, press enter: While value is highlighted, arrow up or down changes value by 1.0.

Sorry I am not sure which value you mean ?  If I put the cursor on the numeric vale at the bottom of the fader , the up & down arrow keys just move the focus to the adjacent readout...i.e. up moves to the meter and down moves to the peak display.  Are we talking about the same thing here ?  Moving the fader level via mouse wheel ? The only increments are 1.5db or 0.1db when using the shift modifier

1 hour ago, Mark Morgon-Shaw said:

Sorry I am not sure which value you mean ?  If I put the cursor on the numeric vale at the bottom of the fader , the up & down arrow keys just move the focus to the adjacent readout...i.e. up moves to the meter and down moves to the peak display.  Are we talking about the same thing here ?  Moving the fader level via mouse wheel ? The only increments are 1.5db or 0.1db when using the shift modifier

Sorry, I was away and posted from memory.

The correct tip is:

Put cursor on fader or knob: "+" or "-" in numeric pad change value by 0.2 or 0.3 (basically, 0.25)
Put cursor on numeric value, press enter: While value is highlighted, "+" or "-" in numeric pad changes value by 1.0.

I´ll edit the previous post with this correction.

Edited by kc23