What is a man...

Bapu

2 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Isn't Duct Tape suppose to be in everyone's emergency national disaster kit?   Because it can stop nuclear warhead right?

😆

Wow! Glad I am following this thread or I might have missed your response! It triggered me to look under my old elementary school desk I stole so many years ago, you know, the one I practiced getting under in case the nukes started flying, and lo and behold, there it was, a bit dry, with hair and lint stuck on the sides , but a good half roll. 

I'll take my card back. Thanks! 

7 hours ago, synkrotron said:

I've always called it Gaffer Tape...

Same here... I thought they were the same thing, but apparently there's a difference: https://tapeuniversity.com/industry/industrial-mro/difference-duct-tape-gaffers-tape/

TLDR...

- Gaffer Tape has a matt finish and leaves no adhesive behind when you peel it off (i.e. it's meant to be temporary)

- Duct Tape has a shiny finish and is a PITA to remove, leaving half of the adhesive behind (i.e. it's meant to be permanent)

So if you've been using Duct Tape on your stands and you wonder why they're a mess... you should've been using Gaffer Tape.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1