What's the best price there's been on the Izotope Music Production Suite 4 upgrade w/o owning previous versions?

Christian Jones

I'm trying to get into the Izotope Music Production Suite 4 bundle w/o currently owning any "Advanced" or "Standard" Izotope products. 

Currently I have only Elements and other paid Izotope products like Trash etc. and I know they sometimes do the "upgrade from any paid Izotope product" w/ these bundles, and that'd be the deal I'd be looking for. 

Right now JRR has MPS4 @ $254 (w/ code) as an upgrade from any "Advanced" product so I don't qualify for that deal. 

I'm not familiar w/ pricing trends on MPS4 when trying to upgrade to it w/o owning any previous "Advanced" stuff. Izotope is offering me a Loyalty upgrade to MPS4 for $300.. But can I possibly do better than that @ JRR if I wait till Christmas/New Years or even President's Day?

Especially during sales, you're unlikely to do significantly better from either standard or advanced than upgrading straight from 'any paid Izotope/EA' (when you factor in the cost of getting standard or advanced), so that seems to be the best bet. With the exception of lucking out on a cheap standard or advanced license on kvr, and upgrading from there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christian Jones said:

can I possibly do better than that @ JRR if I wait till Christmas/New Years or even President's Day?

One thing for sure is that the next Izotope sale is never far away. Ozone 10 is also likely not far away and I would imagine that the price of MPS4 and any other bundle containing O9 will drop just before that is released. Time it right and you might even score a free upgrade to O10. Keep an eye out for biggish 09 reductions and buy within a month or so of the end of that sale date and you should be good for the upgrade.

All that said, if you have none of it MPS4 for $300 is pretty impressive bang for your buck.

• Like 2

Right now, you can get the entire Voxengo Suite, including lifetime upgrades, for $255. Cheaper directly through their website than anywhere else I think. This would include Teote, the recently released better-maker. His plugs don't look pretty but they work. 

Hobbyists should beware of the Izotope model. Less than two years ago,  I bought into MPS 2.5 initially for $399 (having had an elements product). Than a year later, I got a deal from a fellow forum member to upgrade to MPS 3 for $100. And just last month, upgrading to MPS 4 cost another $199. That's $700 in two years for some incremental changes to the same package! Sure the Exponential Reverbs are nice and Groove 3 is useful but... It's not the Kontakt model where it's the same price if you skip an update or two or three... if you miss one Izotope update, you have to pay an additional $100 at least on top of the regular update price.

Edited by Pluto Gabo
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

15 minutes ago, Pluto Gabo said:

Right now, you can get the entire Voxengo Suite, including lifetime upgrades, for $255.

I'm sure you already know this Pluto, but I just want to point out to others that according to their website, upgrades will be free; new products may or may not be free depending on future decisions.

I had an earlier MB Bundle from Izotope. Last year, I bought this in August (2019) for $125 from JRRshop: iZotope Music Production Suite 2.1 Upgrade from Any Advanced Product.

Registered it within the Grace period of MPS3, so I got that for free.

So, it can be cheaper, if you are tactical and lucky. But saying this also because that ”from any Advanced Product” should be a relief: one doesn’t always have to update to the latest bundle/suite in order to get a good price later!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, antler said:

I'm sure you already know this Pluto, but I just want to point out to others that according to their website, upgrades will be free; new products may or may not be free depending on future decisions.

Yes, that should probably read updates will be free, rather than upgrades. They did provide TEOTE free to existing membership subscribers. But who knows what the future holds...

2 hours ago, Tomgu said:

So, it can be cheaper, if you are tactical and lucky. But saying this also because that ”from any Advanced Product” should be a relief: one doesn’t always have to update to the latest bundle/suite in order to get a good price later!

Yes, the Advanced and Standard upgrades can be made from earlier versions at a fixed price, but when it comes specifically to the Music Production Suite, only the preceding version provides the best update price, while updating from an earlier version is more expensive, as demonstrated in the current offer: https://www.pluginboutique.com/meta_product/2-Effects/39-FX-Bundle/6923-iZotope-Music-Production-Suite-4

Great... now I just promoted Izotope to prove my point! They get you every time!

18 hours ago, Pluto Gabo said:

Yes, the Advanced and Standard upgrades can be made from earlier versions at a fixed price, but when it comes specifically to the Music Production Suite, only the preceding version provides the best update price, while updating from an earlier version is more expensive, as demonstrated in the current offer: https://www.pluginboutique.com/meta_product/2-Effects/39-FX-Bundle/6923-iZotope-Music-Production-Suite-4

While this is true, something to note is that if the prices were to stay the same, an upgrade from MPS 3 to (a currently hypothetical) MPS 5 would be

• MPS 3 - MPS 5 (skipping MPS 4) £257.00
  • MPS3 - MPS4 - MPS5: £171 + £171 = £342.00

18 hours ago, Pluto Gabo said:

Yes, the Advanced and Standard upgrades can be made from earlier versions at a fixed price, but when it comes specifically to the Music Production Suite, only the preceding version provides the best update price

Not sure that I really see why it matters how you get there. I bought MPS 2.1 on the basis of it being an upgrade from "any advanced product" for $125, so not specifically an upgrade to previous MPS, but I still got it for silly money and then to make it even sweeter they gave me the v.3 upgrade free. As always with Izotope it depends when you buy. Buy at release prices and it'll be relatively expensive. Give it 9 months and you'll be more or less stealing it.