Audio keep dropping out even though buffer size is maxed out

Marco Ortega

Question

My audio engine will now regularly glitch a bit then drop out giving me a (1) error code. I looked this up and it says to increase the buffer size. This made the problem happen a little less often, but def doesn't fix the problem. I even increased the buffer size as much as it will go both from the cakewalk preferences interface and the ASIO panel of my audio interface. I'm using a Scarlett Solo  2ng gen on ASIO driver mode.  MIDI is in MME driver mode. I have 7 MIDI tracks and 12 audio tracks. Please let me know if there's anything else I should be considering. Thanks!

audio drop out.jpg

3 answers to this question

18 hours ago, Marco Ortega said:

I even increased the buffer size as much as it will go both from the cakewalk preferences interface and the ASIO panel of my audio interface.

Depending on your systems specs, you should be fine at 512.

If you have Asio4All installed - delete it. What core is your CPU and how much Ram do you have installed?

Also disable Cakewalks Upsample in the control bar - it's the "×2"  in the MSR module. 

Next: Make sure all your windows cumulative updates are installed and that you have the latest Asio Drivers from Focusrite installed.

Also make sure the sample rate of your interface are the same as that of your project in Cakewalk. 

Stop all background applications that might be running.

Different machines = different approach in solutions. Your fan speeds of your PSU and CPU also plays a part in this. 

There's also your vsts - one that might not be trully compatible with CbB.

If you have multiple projects open. (That's more processing being read.)

It really helps if you can give more details of your system and windows version. It could be anything that can cause a dropout. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo