Waves Buy 2 Get 2 TODAY ONLY!

cclarry

3 minutes ago, superdan54 said:

I bought my two plugs from plugindiscount...do I need to register them before I get the email from Waves for the freebies or should I be sending a support ticket in?

They have to be registered to qualify, and since you bought from a 3rd party, 
you'll have to wait until the day AFTER the promo is over to get your email,
Per the "Terms & Conditions"

If you shop through a certified Waves dealer:

All of the above terms & conditions apply.

You must register the serial numbers provided by your dealer in your Waves account before the end of the promotion.

One day after the promotion ends, you will receive an email with a link to a web page where you will be able to log in to your Waves account and select your free plugin.

Free plugin selection must be completed by Friday January 15, 2021, 5:00 AM EST.

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2

superdan, just doubly calling out from Larry's forwarding of the Waves terms and conditions that you must register the serials purchased from a reseller with Waves before the end of the promotion. It's not enough to have just made a purchase, and if you register after the window closes and everyone's discussing freebies here it might not work.

Edited by mister_tea

4 hours ago, Piotr said:

hm, bought 2 and registered on Waves but after picking 1 free plug I couldn't grab another one and got info I already got my free plugin... :(

Did you get it sorted out? Maybe they think your purchase was part of the previous promo (one freebie after spending $50). 

This campaign is a mess. I was supposed to have received my 2 'freebies', but they changed the terms after I made a purchase, so now the end of the promo is undefined. Peachy! That's a pretty blatant breach of contract. Even the details are a mess; they state that purchases need to be made together, not separately, to qualify for the promo, but registering plugins is done individually, so if you buy from resellers, it's not even clear if they can verify that.  Before wup-ing us with their stupid wup, they should wup themselves into some semblance of professionalism. 

• Great Idea 1

1 minute ago, fitzroy said:

Did you get it sorted out? Maybe they think your purchase was part of the previous promo (one freebie after spending $50). 

This campaign is a mess. I was supposed to have received my 2 'freebies', but they changed the terms after I made a purchase, so now the end of the promo is undefined. Peachy! That's a pretty blatant breach of contract. Even the details are a mess; they state that purchases need to be made together, not separately, to qualify for the promo, but registering plugins is done individually, so if you buy from resellers, it's not even clear if they can verify that.  Before wup-ing us with their stupid wup, they should wup themselves into some semblance of professionalism. 

Nope. I wrote to Waves support and didn't get any answer yet. Additionally I had also bad luck with picking that free plugin as as picked one I already had :(
For some reasons I had not activated few plugins
so when looking in DAW what I am missing in my Waves collection I did wrong choice :(

I asked them also about it but have not too big expectations... Anyway kind of a bitter experience...

6 hours ago, superdan54 said:

I bought my two plugs from plugindiscount...do I need to register them before I get the email from Waves for the freebies or should I be sending a support ticket in?

Were you able to use any coupon codes at PluginDiscounts?  I tried all the standard ones, but none worked.

I kinda feel like we're being pinished for not buying directly from Waves.  It's quite reasonable for those of us who purchased through a third-party reseller to have to wait longer to receive our 'free' plugins as the info travels to Waves.  But more than a week?

It's also a bit deceitful to advertise that we'll get our plugins after the sale is over, show us a giant clock ticking-down (with secods accuracy) and then, at the last minute, restart the clock and delay delivery.  Twice!

If Waves wants to extend the sale, fine.  But they could also have allowed us to pick our freebies in the meantime.

Some of us, myself included, purchased plugins with the intention of -- I know this is going to some crazy -- actually using them. 😒

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, locrian said:

Some of us, myself included, purchased plugins with the intention of -- I know this is going to some crazy -- actually using them. 😒

WHAT !!!!! I've heard about people like you :)

FWIW last time I took part in one of those 'pick a free plugin' things after buying from everyplugin I had to jump through some hoops to get them - or at least had to send some increasingly annoyed emails.  They did the same 'extend the sale' thing then....but they sorted it eventually.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, simon said:

WHAT !!!!! I've heard about people like you :)

Yes, I know.  I've started receiving therapy.

8 minutes ago, simon said:

FWIW last time I took part in one of those 'pick a free plugin' things after buying from everyplugin I had to jump through some hoops to get them - or at least had to send some increasingly annoyed emails.  They did the same 'extend the sale' thing then....but they sorted it eventually.

This is a very poor way to treat customers.  You shouldn't have to jump through any hoops to get what you paid for.

If the current buy 2 get 2 free sale lasts until after the January 15 deadline for us to pick our freebies, and I have to jump through hoops, I'm done with Waves.

And damn my therapy! 🙂

• Haha 1