Waves Buy 2 Get 2 TODAY ONLY!

cclarry

I'm not blaming you, but I read the "of equal or lesser value!" at the top and got burnt. This is not the case.

Check the fine print. After purchasing two with a low value of $35.99, I got an email that lets me choose from a list of pre-chosen plugins. I was planning on getting the new CLA Epic and Kaleidoscopes as my free choices (both worth $29.99 now), but they are not included in the list. I have every other Waves plugin I want, so I'm left feeling kind of duped.

Edited by Michael Gelon
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Michael Gelon said:

I'm not blaming you, but I read the "of equal or lesser value!" at the top and got burnt. This is not the case.

Check the fine print. After purchasing two with a low value of $35.99, I got an email that lets me choose from a list of pre-chosen plugins. I was planning on getting the new CLA Epic and Kaleidoscopes as my free choices (both worth $29.99 now), but they are not included in the list. I have every other Waves plugin I want, so I'm left feeling kind of duped.

Sorry...I updated the OP...there is ALWAYS a list on these types of sales...I just forgot to mention it.

• Like 2

Yes, and logged in to Waves, it will show you the available choices you don't have.  I only have one choice - NX .  Epic is included in Mercury but I ain't WUPing for $260!  Bummed they didn't offer a BF WUP discount.  Maybe Christmas/New Year.

Edited by Fwrend

26 minutes ago, Fwrend said:

Yes, and logged in to Waves, it will show you the available choices you don't have.  I only have one choice - NX .  Epic is included in Mercury but I ain't WUPing for $460!  Bummed they didn't offer a BF WUP discount.  Maybe Christmas/New Year.

whats the catch with WUP? they charge an arm & a leg if you ever want to upgrade?

32 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

whats the catch with WUP? they charge an arm & a leg if you ever want to upgrade?

I mistated and corrected my other post - I deleted one update which brought it down to $260. 

You can read about WUP  HERE.  But basically (from that page):

"The Waves Update Plan is the complete care plan for your Waves products.

Every new purchase or upgrade of any Waves product includes one year of free Waves Update Plan coverage for that product. Once the plan expires, renew it for another year whenever you want. If you don’t wish to renew, the plugins you own will remain yours as before, but you will not enjoy plugin updates, 2nd licenses, or the other benefits of the plan.

The cost for one year of Waves Update Plan coverage depends on the number of products you own and their prices. Updating coverage per year ranges between $12 and $240 if you own one copy of each product."

In my case,

"Your Waves Update Plan exceeds the $240 cap due to either selecting multiple identical licenses, or the coverage you’re about to purchase is for more than 1 year for some of the selected licenses."

I have three plugins that WUP doesn't expire until 2021.  The latest expires November 2021.  Upgrading everything including these would have extended every plugin I have out until November 2022 (1 year past the last expiration).  That would cost me $480.

Edited by Fwrend

5 minutes ago, Fleer said:

WUP is shite

Word.  🤪

Is there a code for everyplugin.com?    (Yes, I'm asking again on this thread like Fleer is dropping his WUP-hate.  I would too, but Fleer is doing a bang-up job!) 

Edited by mibby
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Michael Gelon said:

You should email support and see if they can help you out. It couldn't hurt to ask...

54 minutes ago, mibby said:

You should email support and see if they can help you out. It couldn't hurt to ask...

Thanks- I already took the loss and bought what I wanted on Everyplugin though. Waves themselves are very clear about the plugin list, and it was only me jumping on the initial wording of this post that got me into an imaginary scenario. I managed to find 4 free plugins from the list that give me something new, so it's all good.

• Like 1

Well, it turns out that the sale goes on, past 'today only'. And since buyers that used verified dealers (I looked it up, that's a fancy term for everyplugin) get their free plugins only after the promotion is over, we're stuck waiting. 

Imagine that Waves decided to change their mash, smash, divide, it's still 29.99 model to 2 plus 2 is always 4 you, and that's that. We might never get those damn plugins. They'll be a reference in a backlog on a quantum computer, long after we're gone, never to be redeemed again. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1