CLA Epic from Waves

Tony Carpenter

10 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Was kinda hoping it would be included in CLA Series which I only wuped a couple of months ago. 

totally off topic - as my bundle is due for WUP soon - I notice there are sneaky ways to do the WUP.  

If I look at my account there are 'upgrades' that cost much less than the WUP cost... The 'upgrade' also gives you a years WUP.  Too late now but worth checking next time ?

(dunno if that makes sense?)

1 hour ago, simon said:

totally off topic - as my bundle is due for WUP soon - I notice there are sneaky ways to do the WUP.  

If I look at my account there are 'upgrades' that cost much less than the WUP cost... The 'upgrade' also gives you a years WUP.  Too late now but worth checking next time ?

(dunno if that makes sense?)

Yes I looked into that for all wuped items at the time and it was dearer than wuping through Koby unless I did a significant upgrade which I decided against. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vernon Barnes said:

Looks like Waves does not want my money.  Secure connection failed when trying to make payment. If I recall correctly this happened the last time I tried to but through  them directly. I usually go through a third party but was going to use my voucher.

Third parties, like EveryPlugin CAN take your vouchers.  Because they are "discounters" the value of the voucher
will be slightly less than at Waves, but the price will also be LESS.  So it's a win win!

• Like 1

Not surprised but disappointed that Epic is a CPU beast.  Just instantiating it took almost 30% of my i3's CPU! (Studio One Pro 4.6)   EchoSphere was 9-10%.  It looks like I'll have to wait to use it until after I upgrade my DAW.  So you guys may want to trial it before you buy.  That being said, I'm probably the only one on here (or anywhere) trying to mix with an i3 CPU...

I swore I wouldn't buy another reverb (no snickering) but since I was mostly a good boy this BF I picked this up. I like it. My first inclination was to turn everything on, which made the track sound like it was playing in an aircraft hanger. But, each one of the modules has a particular vibe and if used one or two at a time the results are quite nice. Quick, too. The routing options make it wicked versatile and all the delays and verbs sound good. I have a pretty good verb and delay template that has the ones I use most set up as Room (now almost exclusively IK's Sunset Sound, which is amazing), Plate (Valhalla Plate and Abbey Road Plates), Chamber (AR Chambers, Sunset Sound's chambers, Valhalla Room) and a Main Verb (UAD Lexicon 480L), Slap Delay (Waves J37 for tape and HDelay), Tape Delay (IKs TR5 Tape Echo) and a basic delay (HDelay, Waves Super Tap). I will often use sends on the delays to the verbs or vice versa, much like this plugin does. That said, it's quick to drop on a track and get a quick thing going.

4 minutes ago, mibby said:

Not surprised but disappointed that Epic is a CPU beast.  Just instantiating it took almost 30% of my i3's CPU! (Studio One Pro 4.6)   EchoSphere was 9-10%.  It looks like I'll have to wait to use it until after I upgrade my DAW.  So you guys may want to trial it before you buy.  That being said, I'm probably the only one on here (or anywhere) trying to mix with an i3 CPU...

Mibby, I didn't see the same spike. I found it to be pretty easy on the CPU, much less than CLA Mixhub, which is basically unusable. I was leery of Epic because of that but I was pleasantly surprised.

Good to know!  I'd heard that about CLA Mixhub too so was sort of expecting that with this one.  I'll try again on a different mix. Maybe the one I was working on was at the tipping point?  Good to know there's hope.   🙂  Also, as I said, I've got a pretty crappy CPU...

When I was having Scan Pc here in the UK build my new beast I was determined nothing was going to put a dent in my CPU. Mission accomplished thankfully. I’m sure this thing would dent lesser setups. Stuff like Abbey Road Chambers etc were heavy enough. It’s definitely got stuff going on in it that make it Epic :).