Suggestion, The Option for Control Data in Piano Roll

midist

I visited the Cakewalk Forum after a long time, and after discovering the'Articulation Map', I was very happy. This feature was what I requested about 2 years ago. Sincere thanks to the Cakewalk development team. However, as a person who arranges orchestra music a lot, I have one more thing I want, and this is also what I requested two years ago.

When modifying control data in Cakewalk Bandlab, the graph sticks to the mouse pointer as shown in the following figure.

2020-11-30_154130.jpg.eb91560a9616689878c8189ac4b49e8b.jpg

I guess this function is probably designed to make it easy to change the playing method with control data. In other words, it is designed to be able to adjust the control value up and down.
But now that'Articulation Map' has appeared, isn't this function of control data no longer necessary?
This feature is very annoying for those who draw a lot of control data. (So I'm still using the Sona X3)

Can't you make the following On/Off options?

2-contol.jpg.46eefab7bf6025a486657989175278b0.jpg

Wouldn't it be almost as easy to just switch to the draw tool ?

Pressing F9 will select the draw tool... from then on you can use F5 to toggle between the smart tool and the draw tool.

Alternatively, you could use "T" to bring up the pop-up HUD tool menu.

Dear msmcleod,

I know it aleady.

But, every when I draw control data, I should click two buttons, 'Draw tool' and 'Snap off' 

After then, to enter the notes I should click two other buttons again, 'Smart tool' and 'Snap On'.

Why did you abandon the Sonar X3's convenient way? Please...