Melodyne Won't Load- Solved

gtrman100

I was working on a project and loaded Melodyne 4, when it prompted me to the upgrade to Melodyne 5. I did the download, and everything went well until I tried to load it and got this message:

The following VST plug-in failed to load: (80004002)

C/programfiles\cakewalk\vstplugins\VST3\Celemony\Melodyne\Melodyne.vst3 

Melodyne

I tried uninstalling it, redirecting the VST scan to other VST folders, cleaning the registry, but nothing has worked.  I also rolled back Windows Update. I contacted Celemony support, and the tech said it was a Cakewalk problem that they couldn't address. 

Any thoughts? thanks

Edited by gtrman100

I just purchased the upgrade to M Assistant 5 and the process was more involved than you are doing.

See if your experience differed from mine. 

I received an Email baiting me with a discounted upgrade from Essentials 4  to Assistant 5.  The link in the  e Mail took me to the Celemony site where I logged on to my  account.  After I paid for it they sent  me an Email with the new serial number and the link to the download file. 

I downloaded and installed the update and I don't have iLock account with them but seemed to work without. I installed it to the default pathways which I think is the same as you are listing, I'll check later.  I checked and my pathway is not in Cakewalk folder, the VST3 folder is under C/Programs files/ Common Files/VST3. I have no VST3 folder inside of Cakewalk VST folder. Did you try to re install M5 and keep default pathways?  

I then opened Cakewalk and grabbed a small clip and applied melodyne. When it opened it asked for the new serial number and away we go. 

Edited by John Vere

• 1 month later...

gtrman100:

When you deleted the purchased version of Platinum, did you lose all of your platinum plugins that were not included with the Bandlab version. I have not deleted my old version for fear of losing all of the great plugins and other extras that were included with my paid-for version.

I'm sure a lot of us are going through the same thing. The Bandlab version has some improvements we like but the problems we are experiencing could be from the fact that other versions of the program are still present on the computer. Your experience is a good example.

For me, Melodyne and V-Vocal crashes the Region FX insert every time in the BL version but not in the paid-for Plat version.