Bandlab and Music Creator 5.0

Rick S

Question

Good Day ppl.

I recently bought a new P.C. and installed my Music creator 5.0 on it.

It seems that you can not get a registration code for legacy software any longer.

i have hundreds of files i made in Music creator 5.

If i cant resolve getting a registration code because it is not supported through email,

is there a way i can get the registration of the old P.C. install?

Or if i cant, and install BandLab, will it open my old legacy files?

Any help will be greatly appriciated

Thanks

Rick

4 answers to this question

If you participated in the Cakewalk account migration in late 2014 through Oct. 2017 support@cakewalk.com can restore access to the account.

If you did not create an account at that time and did not write down the registration code provided when MC5 was first registered, activating MC5 is going to be a problem.

Cakewalk by BandLab  (CbB) can read MC files but it may not load all the plug-ins. Note: CbB is not the same as the DAW called BandLab.

MC5 was a 32bit DAW and if there are any 32bit DX plug-ins referenced in the projects that do not have 64bit versions included with CbB, the 32bit DX plug-ins will not load.

Hi,

thanks for the info.

i did not migrate as i never needed to follow through.

My old p.c. install work perfect for 10 yrs, unfortunatly i needed a new one though.

I only use EZ drummer 2 with it, If bandlab can open the files and export .wav, i think im good to go.

this is great news and having newer software is always good.cheers

Rick

Edited by Rick S
spelling

@Rick S, Like you I upgraded from Music Creator 5 to Cakewalk by BandLab or CbB.  All my projects have opened in CbB without any issues.

As scook, Steve, noted Cakewalk by BandLab has much more capability than Music Creator.   You'll find some resources that can really help smooth your transition.

The Cakewalk Reference Guide pdf file is available for download under the "Cakewalk by BnadLab" tab at the top of each forum page.  It is the most up-to-date and comprehensive resource  CbB resource available.

The video tutorial links in the forum "Tutorials" section are excellent.  The pinned, Morten Saether link to the Cakewalk video series is a great starting thread.  Creative Sauce, X.E.L. Ohh and Robert McClellan are three main contributors but there are certainly other video tutorials available.

There are two assets not available in MC5 that, once you try them, you'll be glad you upgraded.  First is the Studio Instrument suite of drums, keyboard, bass and strings virtual instruments.  Second are the eight Style Dials that are one knob effects for common effects like a compressor, reverb, tone, delay and so on.  The Studio Instrument suite is available as a Cakewalk add-on download through Bandlab Assistant along with the 64 bit version of TTS-1.  Style Dials are available as individual modules in the ProChannel.