Can't Hear MIDI

Bobby Thistle

Hi all... it's been quite a while since I have been making music so I figured I'd play around with it today.

I updated CbB and it is running great.  I also updated my SampleTank 4 plugin and it's working great.  So everything is pretty rosy... except;

I have a Ketron SD2 MIDI module that I love.  I've got it set up properly as an "instrument" in my MIDI setup.  Everything shows up.  When I try to use it, everything is working... except sound.  I can't hear anything.  The meters show that the signal is getting in and when I record it does that flawlessly as well.  But I just can't hear it.

Is there some setting or button I'm missing?  I'm pretty sure it is something so simple that I'll whack myself in the head when I find it.

I'm using a Scarlett 6i6 audio interface.

Thanks in advance!!!

You have the audio cables connected to monitor system? Midi cables do not transmit sound only data. The files you downloaded are instrument definition files so that Cakewalk will display your patches and banks correctly. This box looks like it works the same as using the TTS-1. You should try that as well.   

If you do have the audio cables hooked up then you need to turn the headphones or monitor knob up. If your using inputs 3/4 on the back those are controlled in Mix Control.  Open Mix control check nothing has been changed . Re set it to " restore Factory defaults" under File,  if you don't have a handle on how it works. ( it's complicated) 

Edited by John Vere