Band in a Box 2021 for Windows is out!

Reid Rosefelt

1 hour ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I have received an email for the release of Xtra Styles Pack 11 with 40% intro discount.

Will this be included in next year upgrade? If not, is it the best time to get it or it will be back at this price later? I don’t really need it for now, as I got Ultrapak + a couple of months ago for BIAB 2021.

The Xtra Styles will ALWAYS remain separate from the main program. The Xtra packs go on sale around Black Friday, when the next major release becomes available. The current sale price is the regular sale price. In other words, it won't ever be cheaper. If you don't have any of them, now's as good a time as any to pick up all 11 Xtra Styles packs (since you have 2021  Ultra).

• Great Idea 1

On 1/14/2021 at 7:03 PM, abacab said:

Just curious, but with that BIAB plug-in now available, what would be the use case for DAW users to ever run the standalone BIAB application? I don't know the product in-depth enough to spot any differences, or any limitations of the plug-in version.

Just recently upgraded to 2021 Ultrapak.

In my opinion, the BIAB plugin is very much a Limited Edition of the Standalone.  For example, you can use the soloist to generate MIDI tracks, but not Realtracks.    If you are the kind of person who likes to go into the settings in BIAB,  you'll see there are many other things the DAW plugin won't do.

But if all you want to do is put in the chords, add a style,  and have it play, it is fine.  The song files you create work equally well in the Standalone and the DAW plugin

15 hours ago, John Maar said:

The Xtra Styles will ALWAYS remain separate from the main program. The Xtra packs go on sale around Black Friday, when the next major release becomes available. The current sale price is the regular sale price. In other words, it won't ever be cheaper. If you don't have any of them, now's as good a time as any to pick up all 11 Xtra Styles packs (since you have 2021  Ultra).

Thank you for the info. I thought those were included in my package. There’s already so much stuff in Ultrapak+, and I barely scratched the surface, I don’t know if I would ever get any use for those Xtra styles pack. And adding the price of all the 11 packages, it would cost almost what I already paid for the Pro software and the upgrade to Ultrapak+, which makes it expensive for add-ond.