Band in a Box 2021 for Windows is out!

Reid Rosefelt

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Magic Russ said:

The deal ends tomorrow night.

I have a copy of BIAB 2018.  I pull it out from time to time. 

I was wondering how much value there would be in upgrading.   Are there any features from the last few years you guys consider indispensable?

Yes. The new VST3 plug-in. It's up to v3.x already. Really nice way to work with BiaB.

This is for the original release. Much improved and extended since this video was made.

Edited by John Maar
  • Thanks 1

Just curious, but with that BIAB plug-in now available, what would be the use case for DAW users to ever run the standalone BIAB application? I don't know the product in-depth enough to spot any differences, or any limitations of the plug-in version.

Just recently upgraded to 2021 Ultrapak.

Edited by abacab

4 hours ago, abacab said:

Just curious, but with that BIAB plug-in now available, what would be the use case for DAW users to ever run the standalone BIAB application? I don't know the product in-depth enough to spot any differences, or any limitations of the plug-in version.

Just recently upgraded to 2021 Ultrapak.

One obscure thing I just ran into, was in testing the "Chords from a text file" capability.  Looks like it only works for stand-alone, and not for plug-in.  Probably not a bigee for most people.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leok85 said:

what's is the cheapest path to buy BIAB UltraPAK and when ? 🙂

Generally the best deal is to upgrade from the standard Pro edition. Assuming that you have a recent (current or previous year) version of Pro, you can upgrade to UltraPak for $149.

First time purchase of Pro is $129. First time purchase of UltraPak is $469.

They typically run a sale every December when a new version is released, and the latest sale on upgrades is set to expire today, Jan 15th.

https://www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.packages.htm

• Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 7:09 PM, Yan Filiatrault said:

I bought the 2021 pro version on Ebay for less, confirmed autorized dealer, and upgraded to UltraPak+ in the current sale.

could you please share a link to listing where you bought it ?

8 hours ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

$94.95 here is probably the cheapest way to get started with the current BIAB Pro edition. Then upgrade at the next sale! The recent sale just ended on Jan 15th.

• Like 1

One thing that is nice to know is that if you buy in at one level, you are not locked in to that level.  If for example, you have the Ultra Plus Pak from a few years ago, you can simply update to the new Pro Pak without losing any of your content from the Ultra Pak.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have received an email for the release of Xtra Styles Pack 11 with 40% intro discount.

Will this be included in next year upgrade? If not, is it the best time to get it or it will be back at this price later? I don’t really need it for now, as I got Ultrapak + a couple of months ago for BIAB 2021.