Forgiven - Scandalous Grace

Beagle

Hi everyone!  here's our next release!  all comments and critiques are welcome!

Forgiven
Words and Music Reece Bain
Lead Vox, B3, Drum programming, mixing: Reece Bain
Bass, Acoustic Guitar, Lead Guitar, BGVs: Michael Hanson
Electric Rhythm, BGVs: Sean Peifer
Additional BGVs: Diana Hudson, Beverly Bain

• Like 1

I listened thru headphones. I don't always trust my aging ears to make comments but anyway...
Overall a very good production with an engaging melody.  The strong lead voc is impressive but the lyrics seemed to get drowned out in places  eg ~1:15 (however that could just be me.) 

-Bjorn

• Like 1

It's a good song and I enjoyed the listen.  I thought the mix was excellent - sounded quite good through my headphones - plenty of depth and separation of all the instruments. The drums were just right.

Nice job on the lead vocal as well - there's a bit of soul in the performance - well done.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2020 at 1:03 AM, bjornpdx said:

I listened thru headphones. I don't always trust my aging ears to make comments but anyway...
Overall a very good production with an engaging melody.  The strong lead voc is impressive but the lyrics seemed to get drowned out in places  eg ~1:15 (however that could just be me.) 

-Bjorn

Thanks so much, Bjorn!  I had a really hard time mixing the vocals with the extra voices.  I'll look into your suggestion, thanks so much!

On 12/5/2020 at 6:49 AM, Douglas Kirby said:

It's a good song and I enjoyed the listen.  I thought the mix was excellent - sounded quite good through my headphones - plenty of depth and separation of all the instruments. The drums were just right.

Nice job on the lead vocal as well - there's a bit of soul in the performance - well done.

Thanks so much Douglas!  appreciate the great review! 

On 12/9/2020 at 11:46 AM, freddy j said:

This is a wonderful and uplifting song.  Kudos to all on a job well done.  My headset is a bargain basement variety and all sounds good.  However, on my set the lead vox was a bit low especially near the beginning.

Thanks so much Freddy!  I'll look into the levels on the lead vox.  appreciate it!

On 12/12/2020 at 6:07 PM, Johnbee58 said:

Beagle-You know I hear and I understand and I appreciate where you're coming from.

Nice mix too. 😉

🙂 John

Thanks so much John!  glad you appreciate it!

On 12/14/2020 at 9:13 AM, Starise said:

Great mix on this. Sounded good for this genre.  Not sure if this is just me but I keep wanting it to go just a little bit faster. It's probably me. 

Thanks for sharing. Nice work.

Thanks Tim!  I always struggle with tempo.  did I do it too fast?  too slow?  IDK.  if we ever redo this one I'll consider a faster version!  thanks 

On 12/21/2020 at 12:49 PM, Paul Bush said:

Great catchy chorus, loved all instuments

Appreciate it Paul!