Escape

Fred's Gratis Scores

Finally got to incorporate an electric guitar with the orchestra. I've wanted to use it for months, but it just never fit the music until now...

Escape by Fred's Gratis Scores

Basses, Tubas, Violins synth, low toms, and electric guitar drive the 125bpm underlying beat with slow melodic lines at the top filled with woodwinds, horns, strings, vocals, and choir. 

CC-BY (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
This piece is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution (CC-BY). You can download, use in your playlists or in your videos, and create directive works both commercially and non-commercially. Have fun!

Download available at: https://soundcloud.com/fred-evad/escape
Stems available at: https://www.bandlab.com/freds_gratis_scores/escape

Instruments used in this piece:
- Cinesamples CineWoods CORE
- Cinesamples CineBrass CORE
- Spitfire Originals Cinematic Percussion
- Spitfire Albion ONE (Woodwinds, Percussion)
- MT Power Drum Kit 2
- Amplesound Guitar LP
- Native Instruments Noire
- SoundIron Requiem Lite
- Realitone Realivox Blue
- AudioImperia Nucleus Lite
- Cinesamples CineStrings CORE
- Surge Synth

#Soundtrack
#FredsGratisScores
#Cinesamples
#CineWoodsCore
#CineBrassCore
#Spitfire
#OriginalsCinematicPercussion
#AlbionONE
#MTPowerDrumKit2
#AmplesoundGuitarLP
#NativeInstrumentsNoire
#SoundIronRequiemLite
#RalitoneRealivoxBlue
#CineStringsCore
#SurgeSynth

• Like 3

Very accomplished composition. Sounded like a candidate for Mission Impossible 12! Your list of instruments is impressive, and well used / well mixed!

Perhaps the drums could have a bit more beef in the mix? And perhaps the shimmering cymbal rises could be a bit louder? You might check 1:21 and 1:24 area, and a bit afterwards, do you have a hard panned left trombone getting a bit pokey or over saturated? Just wondering . . .

Your themes are very solid and the very well chosen parts come in and out splendidly! Maybe the excellent pulsing rhythm could have a  breakdown moment, where it got quiet, then built back up again? Or maybe drop the hi hat occasionally? We have to wait until the very end of the song to have a release, as they say.

Then again it's great as is. Kudos!

cheers,

-Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, has it really been a whole month since I was on this site? Lots of end of year stuff going on at work and at home including trying to get one more composition done before the year end. Anyway, I digress....

Thank you all for your kind comments and feedback. 

@emeraldsoul Ah yes, I hear that Cimbassa/Bass Trombone that's got a little pokey (a bit too much velocity on the shorts), which uses a more "nasty brassy" sample layer.  I'll keep an eye out for that.

@Paul Bush Yeah, the goal of the guitar was to be used as a layer for texture and I didn't want it to overpower the orchestra. I've heard some Two Steps From Hell tunes where the guitar was too prominent for my taste and I was trying to avoid that. If you could let me know what wasn't working for you, that would be good feedback for me for the next time I use an electric guitar with the orchestra. Thanks!

@David Sprouse I think my drum sound is still evolving. This is the first piece I figured out I had too much room mic and not enough close mic to get it to start sounding punchy. I'll try some EQ on the next one. With so many instruments it's hard not to invade another instrument's sonic space.

Edited by Fred's Gratis Scores