Cloudbounce Lifetime for $99

cclarry

I am confused.

It sounds as if you are getting an application to automate mastering on your "desktop." At first glance that would be a perpetual license and program you can install on your PC that would actually do the mastering. If so, then a lifetime would be as long as your computer kept working at least. But there is enough ambiguity so that it seems likely all you are getting on your "desktop" is a program that connects you to the online/cloud service (like a DropBox folder?). In that case a "lifetime" is only as long as a company that currently has the resources to master uploaded files can stay in business. My experience with that kind of "lifetime" has been that it may be  short and unpredictable. 

It's an online mastering service - you upload your mixes, and there's some AI wizardry (I think, unless I'm thinking of another service) that will 'master' it for you. A lifetime license will be for a lifetime - either that of the user, or of the company whichever comes first.

A lot of people seem to complain about lifetime licenses; I personally see them as a better deal than subscriptions (companies will find another way to survive, e.g. selling add-ons, new users, etc). Even if it lasts a year, think of it as a one year subscription; if it lasts longer, all the more value. Also don't forget that with Windows 10 being the 'final' version, your non-OEM license is effectively a lifetime license (you can link your license with your Microsoft Account, meaning that you'll be able to transfer a non-OEM Windows license to another computer).

Edited by antler
  • Like 1

I pulled the trigger the last time this deal was on the table. Reading some reviews and articles I sensed a bit of hype surrounding the service, but the way I see it is that as long as the company is serious about it, any AI-based service is inevitably going to get better and better as time goes by. If they are doing things right it's only a matter of time until their AI is going to do a better job than any human. At that point $99 is a meaningless amount of money.

Or they are going fail miserably and exit the business a year from now. It can really go either way. They have been in the business for five years now, so I'm hoping that's a sign that they're doing ok.

• Like 1