Icon Qcon Pro X Compatible?

Andy Lav

Question

2 answers to this question

Icon says, "Mackie control built-in for Cubase, Nuendo, Samplitude, Logic Pro and Abelton Live".

As it does not mention SONAR or Cakewalk, there's a good chance none of the buttons will work properly.

The transport controls, faders, vpots, Mute/Solo/Record/Select,  and the display should work though.

The reason for this, is that Mackie reached out to all the major DAW companies at the time they brought out the MCU and asked them how they wanted their buttons mapped. They then shipped the Mackie with lexan overlays for each DAW.

So the button layout for, say, Cubase is completely different from the button layout for SONAR/Cakewalk.  As a result, whichever DAW mode you choose when using Mackie mode will result in most of the buttons doing the wrong thing.

Ones I know definitely do work are:

• Mackie MCU / MCU Pro
  • Presonus FaderPort 8/16
  • Behringer BCF2000 (discontinued)
  • Korg nanoKONTROL 2 / Korg nanoKONTROL Studio

I believe the Behringer X-Touch can work, but may need a custom overlay to show the correct button mappings.

There may be others, but as I said, check that they definitely support SONAR or Cakewalk.

In saying that, you may be able to get it working using AZController - @azslow3 may be able to help here.