Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Reid Rosefelt

What Are Your Favorite Bargains from the Audio Plugin Deals Shop?

Recommended Posts

Just now, Christian Jones said:

Is that bundle actually useful? 

There's a lot there...the Choir in specific.  It's deemed on of the best.
Everything else is "Fluff", but you get 2 Pianos, and Organ, Rush Sound FX,
and a Hip Hop Beat Box thingy....all of which, given the right situation, could
be useful....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone recall what VSTBuzz had the Mars choir for?  I thought it was sometime this past year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, husker said:

Does anyone recall what VSTBuzz had the Mars choir for?  I thought it was sometime this past year.

89 Euros was the price...I looked it up...which would be $106

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cclarry said:

89 Euros was the price...I looked it up...which would be $106

So what are we doing King Lar.. Are we buying that Mars bundle? I'm done deciding things on my own and am just doing what other people are doing at this point. Seriously, I 

I remember when that Kirk Hunter ensemble library was like $69 last year and now it's $29. Idk, I just don't like the idea of buying a library that's only good enough for sketching purposes but idk, I'll check it out on YouTube but the consensus last year on VI control et al was that it's only good enough for writing with and not for using in the final product, though not everyone felt that way. 

Edited by Christian Jones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Is that bundle actually useful? 

It really depends on whether or not the instruments in that bundle work with the type of music you write, e.g. someone writing mostly synth based EDM probably wouldn't find it as useful as someone who includes more orchestral (though not necessarily 'classical') elements in their music.

Personally I didn't go for the bundle, but I already have Mars from the VSTBuzz deal

Edited by antler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

I just don't like the idea of buying a library that's only good enough for sketching purposes but idk, I'll check it out on YouTube but the consensus last year on VI control et al was that it's only good enough for writing with and not for using in the final product, though not everyone felt that way. 

If you have many orchestral section libraries that each take minute/s to load, it's very useful to have and use a 'simple', quick-loading, and all-encompassing library when initially putting down ideas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, antler said:

If you have many orchestral section libraries that each take minute/s to load, it's very useful to have and use a 'simple', quick-loading, and all-encompassing library when initially putting down ideas.

Yeah I'm feeling that actually. I almost feel like I have to buy it at that price. Would you ever use any of the sounds in the final production? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm probably going to pull the trigger, as I can get it at $89.99 since
I have a $10 coupon.  It will be my last purchase probably until February of 
next year...so have to be SURE that I need (WANT) it.  Having a hard time 
deciding really...because, if I buy this, I'm done until next year...and that makes
the decision REALLY hard!  LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Yeah I'm feeling that actually. I almost feel like I have to buy it at that price. Would you ever use any of the sounds in the final production? 

I only just picked it up today so haven't really had time to go through it. My initial impressions are that they sound nice, but if the instruments are going to be upfront in the mix, I'll probably swap them out for other libraries; if they're more background 'padding', I might leave them in. My opinion might change once I play with the library a bit more though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I'm probably going to pull the trigger, as I can get it at $89.99 since
I have a $10 coupon.  It will be my last purchase probably until February of 
next year...so have to be SURE that I need (WANT) it.  Having a hard time 
deciding really...because, if I buy this, I'm done until next year...and that makes
the decision REALLY hard!  LOL

I'm right there with you.  I want that choir!!!  Quite honestly, if the other libraries were a bit better, it would make the decision a bit easier.  But $99 for that choir?  Seems like a good deal.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...