What Are Your Favorite Bargains from the Audio Plugin Deals Shop?

Reid Rosefelt

I've always found the APD shop to be a little bit difficult to navigate.   The dropdown menu to see what developers they have is  fiddly. 

I've decided to put links to the best deals on APD right now on my Tiger the Frog post on VI:Control.

The link to the spot in the post where I'm doing it  is HERE

I'm not interested in deal that are the same as the ones that are up on the sites nowadays. Impact Soundworks, Soundiron, and Sample Magic are examples of companies with better deals on APD. 

So... do you have any favorites?

Thanks!

Reid

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

I agree with you re the website - virtually unusable for me. It wasn't always as bad, but recently the menu navigation has not worked at all and I keep ending up on something I didn't select.

As for tempting deals, I really don't know. I've had a load of of virtual cash for some time now and so far haven't found a tempting way to spend it.

• Like 2

I thought that the fact that the site is almost un-navigable was due to my incompetence. Glad to see it wasn't just me. I have only ever got freebies from there. I have money sitting there. But with the poor site navigation. I just don't bother. And the last time I used it. I pulled out as I was re-directed to another site that wanted so much personal info. I decided it was not worth it.

I'm debating on the Riffendium Bundle or the SoundIron Insane Bundle,
which is the better deal, but still costs more.  Holding out to see what else
get's offered in the 12 "Deals" of APD, and I guess it really doesn't matter
because, so far, they've all been "base price" offers anyways...

29 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I'm debating on the Riffendium Bundle or the SoundIron Insane Bundle,
which is the better deal, but still costs more.

A wise man once told me

Budget wisely!  Don't buy "just because it's cheap"!  Plan
on things that you really "need" and not "want" ( OK...a few wants maybe,
preferably AFTER the MAIN "needs" have been met)

so it probably should depend on whether you have a greater need for some guitar and bass loops; or a male choir, piano, tuned percussion, organ, metallic impact percussion & effects and beatbox samples. Also, once you have Mars, you can email Soundiron for an upgrade to Olympus Symphonic Choir (which effectively gets you Venus); if you do it within the sale period, you'll get a discounted upgrade price too.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, husker said:

I have $100, there, but can never figure out how to actually use it. 

You can't during the sale: virtual cash is used to discount the advertised price, to a minimum of the base price (displayed in blue, in a smaller font) - as everything is already at base price, no further discount can be applied.

1 minute ago, antler said:

A wise man once told me

so it probably should depend on whether you have a greater need for some guitar and bass loops; or a male choir, piano, tuned percussion, organ, metallic impact percussion & effects and beatbox samples. Also, once you have Mars, you can email Soundiron for an upgrade to Olympus Symphonic Choir (which effectively gets you Venus); if you do it within the sale period, you'll get a discounted upgrade price too.

Well that kind of further pushes my hand that way...

I'm a guitar player so don't "need" guitar libraries...and I can pick that bundle up (hopefully)
sometime down the road with rewards money...so there's that too...

BTW...these are "the few wants" LOL  Needs are already done....

44 minutes ago, husker said:

I have $100, there, but can never figure out how to actually use it. 

Husker, when you go into the shop (not during a sale) you'll see "Current Price" and then under
that you'll see a "Base Price".  Rewards dollars are used to lower the "Current Price" to the "base price",
so hopefully that helps you understand HOW they get used!

• Thanks 1