APD Lightning Deal #6 Largo

cclarry

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

Largo is so good. It's one of the most used synths i used that i bought last few years. Really great.

D/L the demo and man is this thing worth the money!! $29? No brainer here!!

The bass is so rich, smooth, just .... just.... mmmm!!!!

Very unique Arp. It took me a few minutes to figure it out. (Really need to look at the manual!! Just playing with it for now) But this arp has some serious potential!!

Think I will grab this one! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Grem said:

This no longer requires a dongle.

Anyone ever use it? Is it any good? IOW, any "Gotcha's"?

I just picked it up and so far (with all of 2 minutes playing around) I'm impressed.
It seems to have the warmth & vibrancy of my old Albino VST that for some reason is missing in so many other soft synths.
Hopefully I'll continue to be impressed as I use it more.

• Like 2

When I got Largo last year I stumbled on these Waldorf Microwave presets for Largo.  They show how warm Largo can be.

thread where it is discussed/SoundCloud example/download link:

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/1243833-waldorf-microwave-1-soundset-waldorf-largo.html

It was also a nice surprise to find out Largo is NKS ready.  This made it more fun to play for me.

Edited by kevin H
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

In my restraint to refrain from purchasing another synth I won't use, I came across this SOS review from 2009 with a nod towards Cakewalk Rapture of all things :)

Alternatives

Anyone considering the purchase of a virtual analogue synth is spoiled for choice these days, as there are so many options available. One of my favourites is Arturia's Minimoog V2, which offers a lot of the depth and character that Largo does, albeit with a simpler modulation architecture. Korg's Legacy Collection Analogue Edition is another of my favourites for sound quality, but Cakewalk's Rapture is probably the closest direct competitor to Largo, as it provides wavetable functionality, advanced envelopes and modulation routings, and a similar degree of sonic variety in its sounds.

Sound on Sound

Edited by Fwrend
  • Like 1