Adagio, from Symphony #11 for Virtual Instruments

Jerry Gerber

Hi Jerry . . . always a great listen, especially on this rainy Friday eve, after a long week . . . by the fireplace, enjoyed this a lot. When first listening, I was thinking the main melodic instrument should sound like an oboe, but it didn't sound intense enough for an oboe, then I saw you described it as an English horn ? . .  a smoother sound I guess. There are some beautiful moments in this adagio . . . thanks for sharing it here on the forum. Sounds like you're still busy writing this . . .  a work in motion , I look forward to hearing the final piece !

On 11/27/2020 at 10:20 PM, noynekker said:

Hi Jerry . . . always a great listen, especially on this rainy Friday eve, after a long week . . . by the fireplace, enjoyed this a lot. When first listening, I was thinking the main melodic instrument should sound like an oboe, but it didn't sound intense enough for an oboe, then I saw you described it as an English horn ? . .  a smoother sound I guess. There are some beautiful moments in this adagio . . . thanks for sharing it here on the forum. Sounds like you're still busy writing this . . .  a work in motion , I look forward to hearing the final piece !

Glad you enjoyed listening Noynekker!

7 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Jerry
This really sets a wistful kind of mood. I like to actively listen the 2nd time around to hear all the different instruments coming  in just when they're supposed to. Very good, as usual.

-Bjorn

Thanks Bjorn.  The piece is indicative of my moods lately...