Santa and the Mask

freddy j

I hope that everyone had a good Thanksgiving -- all be it a very different kind of holiday from the norm.  I guess now that Thanksgiving is over - it now can be considered close enough to the Christmas season to post a Santa Claus song.  To counter the pandemic blues this is just a lighthearted, tongue-in-cheek song giving Santa some rules about his yearly visit (at least in my house).

Last year (I think) I posted a song "Great White Shark".  I accidentally bumped into it a few days ago which gave rise to me trying to do a video using this song.  So, I am including it with this post.

I would appreciate any comments, crit.'s, suggestions, etc. on either or both of these attempts.

Thanks!

SANTA AND THE MASK

https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandid=96348

GREAT WHITE SHARK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMcvJnH_nP4

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I love doubleheaders!  You hit the jackpot with these two songs.  In the Santa song you deliver a great PSA while backing it up with your usual panache.  I hope that people listen and heed your advice!  The second song and video is a homerun all the way.  It is swampy (in a good way), bluesy, and well played and well sung.  Your rock-a-billy guitar has never sounded better.  I always look forward to hearing new songs from you, and you never disappoint!  Stay healthy, Freddy.

FREDDYYY!!!!!!  Just the other day I was saying I need to put out an all points bulletin to see if you were still vertically top surface terra firma.

And then you then you come walking right through that door!

This has all the earmarks of a Freddy J tune,  but most of all the lyrics, you always tell a story, and you're not afraid to speak your mind.

Happy Holidays Freddy.

Freddy
I like the bendy Jingle Bell Rock at the beginning and your playing throughout the song.  Very nice.
Never thought I'd hear "airborne spread" in a song. Hope next Xmas will be back to normal!
Great shark video. I got a little concerned about those kayakers.

Hi Wookie.  Hey if Santa isn't paying attention --- then, I'm going to give HIM a chunk of coal!  Thanks much for the listen and for your kind comments.

Hey Lynn.  First of all thanks for giving both a listen/look.  Thanks also for your very kind comments and encouragement!!  I very much appreciate it.  I hope that it was a gentle method of encouraging people to "mask-up".  I had to go back and listen to your song "Exposed" again.  That was some excellent work.  Well done!  Stay safe and well yourself pal!

Hi tom.  Thank you very much.  I always appreciate your input.  BTW, I was looking for your page on YouTube but couldn't find it (I guess that I am geriatricly (is that a word?) challenged).  Can you help me by telling me where to look?  Thanks!

JESSEEE!!!!!  How are you pal?  Mine was just a brief absence but I got back in time to hear your new song.  It was some doggone good experimental sounds and sentiments.  Thanks for giving the song a listen and for the kind comments.  Happy holidays and stay safe!!

MASK-UP  Y'ALL.

Very nice indeed! Tasty geetar licks, and the bgv ooooohs were a plus as well. Maybe on the main vocal, a little more air added back in the upper eq? I hear the snare brush and the cymbals offer up a nice high clarity, so maybe follow their lead and open up the top end of the vocal?

Killer lyrics and overall swagger.

cheers,

-Tom

Hey Bjorn.  You noticed the Jingle Bell Rock intro!  Ya, it was just a bit of a borrow, that I hope doesn't violate any copyright laws.  I couldn't quite figure those kayakers/surfers either.  Its not nice to mess with Mother Nature -- especially sharks.  Hopefully, we are on the road to defeating this pandemic.  Thanks for checking out both the song and the video, and thanks for the kind comments. 

Hi Douglas. Thanks for checking out both "Santa and the Mask" and "Great White Shark."  It was my intent to have the former represent a kind of jazzy Blues style and the latter as more of a low energy surf song.  Hopefully that came through.  Thanks again for the kind comments.

Hey David.  I enjoyed your last post!  Well done!  Thanks for taking the time to listen to the song and watch the video. Thanks also for your kind comments.  I have been introducing myself to HitFilm Express (Express is free).  In trying to learn it, I find that my learning curve is approaching exponential.  It is fun however  Thank you again.

Hi Beagle.  I doing well Beagle.  How have you been?  I listened to your recent post and really enjoyed listening to this well done, uplifting song.  Thanks for listening to the Santa song.  I very much appreciate it and your kind comments.  It was a slight attempt and providing tongue-in-cheek encouragement in this time of pandemic.  Thanks again!

Hi Noynekker.  Thanks very much for listening and for the very kind words.  I'm glad that you enjoyed it and hope that it might have brought a bit of a smile to your face.  Admittedly, it is a bit of a bother to be restricted, as we are supposed to be.  However, I think that I can see a small light at the end of the tunnel.  Thanks again.

Hi Bapu.  I'm glad that you liked it.  Thanks very much for listening and commenting.

Hey Tom.  Thanks for listening.  I went back and listened and my vocals can always use some help.  Given my EQ'ing/mixing skills I'll make an honest attempt at trying to pump some air into the vocals.  Thanks very much for the input and suggestion!

Hi John B.  I hadn't heard that but if anyone should be a non-spreader and immune it certainly should be Santa.  What a relief!  Thanks very much for listening and I appreciate your comments.