UAD Offer Today ONLY!

cclarry

i guess if i go uad i will lose those 25 lol 10+3 is the plan , sold sevral plugins since few day to make it less hard to swallow ;)

still giving myself this night to think again , hate to be loked in a system but sessions at home are more a dn more heavy so this will delay system rebuilt .....

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

Are the Brainworx amp sims the same as what are offered through Plugin Alliance?

When used with their sound card , they sound better thks to impedance matching thks to unison stuff

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Zo said:

When used with their sound card , they sound better thks to impedance matching thks to unison stuff

@Marc Cormier IOW, when you use the Brainworks plugins that are Unison compatible, you will get better response from your instrument due to the Unison Technology that is in the Apollo interface. That is what Zo is referencing when he says impedance matching. The technology works with guitars and mics. And it works really well. 

But remember, as Larry so helpfully points out, it is a hole in the wallet. 

6 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Are the Brainworx amp sims the same as what are offered through Plugin Alliance?

They do look almost the same. When you open either of them in Your DAW you might not realize any difference between the two. 

Edited by Grem
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Grem said:

Marc, if you're looking to get a UA Apollo, I have one I am about to put on ebay.

Grem , let me ask you a question (pretty sure not the first time)  , i really struggle to find some serious content or A/B 's about it , i've found myself really close to jump on UAD because all the last plugins i bougth are making my cpu kinda ouch .... option being using light ones and heavy ones with caution .... now that said , came UAD in the equation as well as HW !! i was thinking of going HW and do it the old school way , mainly for serious work (aka for people ) versus stuff for my own projects where i like to work on the go ..

So my question is quite simple : do UAD plugins are better than last releases ? closer to HW ?  Do mixes you done with uad versus native reflect this diffrence (quality and decisions / workflow) 

With experience i know how to work with any tools , but if one makes things sit togther faster : bingo , HW does this for me ... specially compressors 

With time would you jump UAD again  ?  seems i missed this sales , i have a trap album to mix and gonna be like usual C1 , but damn those channels strips heavy when you have 50 tracks ... gives few rooms for reverb /delay ect ... 

If you need specific , i'm really intersted to know your feeling about those :

UAD Selection.jpg

58 minutes ago, James Foxall said:

PS: The converters in the x series are AMAZING

The reason I am selling the Twin Duo USB is I upgraded to a Twin X Quad TB3. And I really thought the original Twin sounded great. But the Twin X sounds much better! I am in hog heaven!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zo said:

So my question is quite simple : do UAD plugins are better than last releases ? closer to HW ?  Do mixes you done with uad versus native reflect this diffrence (quality and decisions / workflow) 

Not sure what you mean by "better than last releases" If you mean the newer versions of the Pultec/Teletronix that UA put out, I have yet to test them as I have only recently purchased the newer versions of the Pultec and LA2A. But I can tell you this, the "Classics" plugins that they give away with all the new/used units are nothing to sneeze at. Those work better than anything I have in the box/native. 

I have never used good quaility HW Zo. So I can't compare to that.

Yes my mixes are much easier now. My vocals sit much better. I have used the SSL 4kE on a lot of my vocals and it's just so easy to have them be up front without being too loud, if that makes sense. Recording my acoustic guitars now are much more of a pleasure. And sound so rich.  And I haven't even mic'd them yet! That's just running the on-board preamp on the guitars through the Neve preamp, or the SSL. As a result Zo, I can record, listen, be happy, and record the next thing knowing I got a good capture. 

1 hour ago, Zo said:

With experience i know how to work with any tools , but if one makes things sit togther faster : bingo ,

This!!^^^^

I just never realized how these tools would make things go so much faster. 

As far as the plugins each one:
>API Vision - love this thing. I never heard much about it. But I demo'd it and bought it right off. This is a gem!

>Lexicon 224 - OMG!! Seriously best reverb out there. I have the EMT140 and 250, and both of these sounds beautiful. But something about that Lexicon reverb breathes life into the recordings without being overpowering. Waves AR PLates was my favorite until I used this plugin.

>Just got the Manley Variable Mu, and the Neve Dynamics Collection the BF. SO haven't had a chance to work with them yet.

>Oceanway Studios is something that I have worked with. Got good results, but I tend to gravitate toward IK Sunset, more familiar with it.  For me with the Oceanway plugin, I got to work with it more to get a good sound. But when you do get it, it was worth the effort.

Edited by Grem

"better than last releases" 

I mean last native stuff :  Vertigo VSC 3 , Kush AR1 , MJUC , Pulsar MU , MDE , Softube Chandlers / Weiss , Arousor , Unissum , sunset reverbs , ect ...

SSL channel strip , you have the duende , BX , waves ect .... would be cool  you mix with another and check , you might be just confortable with any ... upsampling is also a thing , if you compare do it in on a 96k project ...

I hear you about being fast , to tell the truth time was speed up via C1 here , but cpu is giving stress !! other option i just check is that it will cost ùe 1000 euros to get an i7 10700 (+ MBand Ram)  and double my power lol

Zo, I'm just an enthusiastic hobbyist, so there'll be much better qualified people to comment. But, the two things that would make me enter or stay in the UAD ecosystem are (1) Unison, and (2) the reverb/spatial processing.

Like Grem, I think the Lexicon 224 is terrific. So are the EMTs and the 480. For me, though Ocean Way, Capitol Chambers, and the AKG BX20 are the real superstars. IK's Sunset Studios is the one native reverb (aside from Relab's 480) that I sometimes prefer to UAD.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Craig Fowler said:

Zo, I'm just an enthusiastic hobbyist, so there'll be much better qualified people to comment. But, the two things that would make me enter or stay in the UAD ecosystem are (1) Unison, and (2) the reverb/spatial processing.

Like Grem, I think the Lexicon 224 is terrific. So are the EMTs and the 480. For me, though Ocean Way, Capitol Chambers, and the AKG BX20 are the real superstars. IK's Sunset Studios is the one native reverb (aside from Relab's 480) that I sometimes prefer to UAD.

Thks , you re input , not only is valuable (prefering this to other analytic guyz that are usualy more biased) , but you confirm what s on my souvenir , we have uad at school but i use thel very few ... but since you see my selelction, the 224 actually surprised me , but not enougth to justify 2000 $ between card and pack ....same for other time based fx , 

i really struglle to get compressor to really act like hardware , they wayb they lastercthe dynamic but making thing more punchy , not squasshed , transient exiting and banging without being clicky ...

I can get close with solthing like kazrog before ....

So my questionning is more if i can really be closer to HW and gain some cpu , of i will as close as native , in thise case , i will simply go HW or computer upgrading and stayb there ...