VSTBUZZ - 89% off “London Symphonic Strings” by Aria Sounds - €39

aidan o driscoll

5 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

89% off “London Symphonic Strings” by Aria Sounds - €39

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/89-off-london-symphonic-strings-by-aria-sounds/

( I searched for this here via VSTBUZZ in title, didnt find )

Is this any good? 42GB though :D

As you can probably figure out, Aria's a sample developer whose libraries have widely been seen as extremely poor, by customers and other sample developers. The complaints are pretty comprehensive ranging from sample quality, quality control and KONTAKT scripting, but one thing seems very clear, the scripting of Aria libraries appears to be extremely poor by all estimates. I don't recall  ever coming across a post from a satisfied Aria customer. If you're looking for a bargain on strings, I just picked up Ben Osterhouse's Sospiro Strings -- a string quartet with individual bass, cello, viola and violin. It's a KONTAKT library (requires the full version) , that cost less than $35 USD at Loot Audio (it's on sale now). I've been recommending it to friends lately. I've never bought any of this developer's libraries before -- and I have yet to install the library (I'm awaiting a new DAW PC), but the demos sound beautiful and the reviews and recommendations from musicians like composer Guy Michelmore are very positive. VI Control even has a Ben Osterhouse appreciation thread! 

Edited by PavlovsCat
  • Thanks 4

Definetly would recommend the Ben Osterhouse over the Aria stuff. Sospiro is very useful and the others are quite specific but useful. If anyone wants an opinion on Aria stuff just go and search Aria at VI Control. It's not just bad content,scripting etc. But pretty poor customer service as well. I'd like to see Ben Osterhouse to work with Spitfire Audio. But then the price would skyrocket !!

2 hours ago, TracingArcs said:

Definetly would recommend the Ben Osterhouse over the Aria stuff. Sospiro is very useful and the others are quite specific but useful. If anyone wants an opinion on Aria stuff just go and search Aria at VI Control. It's not just bad content,scripting etc. But pretty poor customer service as well. I'd like to see Ben Osterhouse to work with Spitfire Audio. But then the price would skyrocket !!

Then again he's doing great work by himself and I feel that will lead to better results than teaming up with Spitfire. And it keeps the field more open. 

On 11/27/2020 at 10:29 AM, aidan o driscoll said:

89% off “London Symphonic Strings” by Aria Sounds - €39

https://vstbuzz.com/deals/89-off-london-symphonic-strings-by-aria-sounds/

( I searched for this here via VSTBUZZ in title, didnt find )

Is this any good? 42GB though :D

Aidan, Kirk Hunter has a library ridiculously cheap at AudioPlugin.deals. I think it's $29. FTR, I've consulted to Kirk in the past and we're friends, but it doesn't cloud my objectivity on sample libraries -- of which I own and use a lot. 

Kirks been making orchestral, largely string, sample libraries for decades. I would totally put this deal in the realm of no-brainers. Listen to the demos, visit Kirk's site and check out YouTube if you want more info. If you like what you hear, I don't think you'll ever beat this deal.

You need the full version of KONTAKT, but this is ridiculously under priced, IMO. It's never been priced even close to this level. 

• Great Idea 1

On 11/29/2020 at 6:52 AM, PavlovsCat said:

Aidan, Kirk Hunter has a library ridiculously cheap at AudioPlugin.deals. I think it's $29. FTR, I've consulted to Kirk in the past and we're friends, but it doesn't cloud my objectivity on sample libraries -- of which I own and use a lot. 

Kirks been making orchestral, largely string, sample libraries for decades. I would totally put this deal in the realm of no-brainers. Listen to the demos, visit Kirk's site and check out YouTube if you want more info. If you like what you hear, I don't think you'll ever beat this deal.

You need the full version of KONTAKT, but this is ridiculously under priced, IMO. It's never been priced even close to this level. 

Thanks @PavlovsCat .. as it happened I spotted the Kirk Hunter APD email over weekend and jumped for that @ $29.  

• Like 1