Slate Fresh Air FREE!

cclarry

Sounds good, but the 1 seat and you can't authorize it to the compter Ilok manager locally is pretty annoying.

Authorized to a dongle, but usually I authorize the other one to a computer that I intentionally don't connect to the internet or use a Dongle/USB hub with for portability.  

Seems like a really dumb authorization scheme and limitation if you are doing customers a favor by giving it away.  (IMO)

23 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

It uses the PC software, but the option to authorize it to the PC itself doesn't exist.

icon with the "PC" is greyed out (along with the 1st gen Ilok dongle optino which is the 2nd icon)

image.png.95aa86f6eb23ed0631594d80e72cdcc8.png

Same here.

EDIT: Apparently you need to use File > Open Your Cloud Session. It helps to read the instructions on the web site :)

Edited by Funk
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Funk said:

Same here.

EDIT: Apparently you need to use File > Open Your Cloud Session. It helps to read the instructions on the web site :)

That isn't the same thing as authorizing it to the PC.  

If you don't believe me.  Disconnect from the internet.  Reboot your computer (don't reconnect the internet), then try to add the VST to a project.  You will get a no internet connection error.

The "cloud licence" is only a temporary authorization to the computer.  Once you disco from the internet and reboot...poof...authorization gone.  You have to connect to the internet again to re-authorize it.  

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

That isn't the same thing as authorizing it to the PC.  

If you don't believe me.  Disconnect from the internet.  Reboot your computer (don't reconnect the internet), then try to add the VST to a project.  You will get a no internet connection error.

The "cloud licence" is only a temporary authorization to the computer.  Once you disco from the internet and reboot...poof...authorization gone.  You have to connect to the internet again to re-authorize it.  

I understand. I didnt mean to imply this was the same thing as authorizing to the PC.  Its the first time I've had to use a cloud authorization in iLok.

• Like 1