Feature Request - Make Now Time the Default Record Start time

Todd Groemling

Some of the best features to me are the ones that save users time and therefore make their workflow easier. Ideally this is done by shortening how many clicks or numbers are typed in to accomplish something.  

For example, I'm off listening back to a tune and suddenly hear where I need to do a punch in. So I click stop (the space bar) right around where I want to punch in. It's real drag to have to type in the exact time or measure and beat where I want to punch in. So how about making the default record start time be whatever the now time is? If a user doesn't want that, then no big deal, the user does what we've always done: Type in the start time we want. But if the user wants the now time to be the record start time, then the user is saved from having to enter in the record time.

Edited by Todd Groemling
Typo

15 hours ago, Todd Groemling said:

Some of the best features to me are the ones that save users time and therefore make their workflow easier. Ideally this is done by shortening how many clicks or numbers are typed in to accomplish something.  

For example, I'm off listening back to a tune and suddenly hear where I need to do a punch in. So I click stop (the space bar) right around where I want to punch in. It's real drag to have to type in the exact time or measure and beat where I want to punch in. So how about making the default record start time be whatever the now time is? If a user doesn't want that, then no big deal, the user does what we've always done: Type in the type we want. But if the user wants the now time to be the record start time, then the user is saved from having to enter in the record time.

Don't you wana download the PDF document rather? 

Hit record, recording will start where cursor (now-time) is.

Or, make a time selection, go to punch-in module in control bar, press "set punch points to selection" button.

This behavior has been implemented a long time ago.