Delays ? Delays ? Delays ?

Zo

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

Zo...the free Waves Plugin is ......a Delay!

Yeahahahhhhh   when are we supposed to get , i enteret the infos like one week ago , when this BF day is ? I hope i will not have to beg for it via support ect like i had to with bezerk

3 hours ago, jerrydf said:

Call me old-fashioned and unimaginative, but the delay I keep returning to is Replika XT.   For subtle colourations I sometimes use Audified's STA.

jdf

This one is one of my fav , takes sometimes to tweak , but yep def on my top 3 with echoboy , didn't cheked STA

3 hours ago, simon said:

@Zo

(saw you posted on GS) - didn't you think Wires was a nice 'character' delay ?

I love Wires but not for its delay , that say it's a great one for sure  , but no better than tape delays like Waves , IK ect ..

1 hour ago, Grem said:

I'll agree with that!!!

How to not to !!

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

also repeater from d16 is pretty great and straight forward about gui

Forgot to check this one , thks !!

45 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

Agreed. I find I use Repeater quite often, despite having a bunch of other ones (and not taking anything away from Echoboy, which is awesome). 

For more creative delay, stuff that's hard to do with other plugins, I like to fiddle with the PSP 608 MD; UA's Sandman Pro can also get crazy, fast. 

The psp is no cheap !! wake me up when at 29 , that said i really like this straight interface , reminds me Lemon 

Just now, Zo said:

The psp is no cheap !! wake me up when at 29 , that said i really like this straight interface , reminds me Lemon 

Yeah, I bought it for $20, it's the lowest I've seen it go for. But PSP seem to have increasingly good sales, so unless it's very urgent, chances are you can catch a bargain for it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fitzroy said:

Yeah, I bought it for $20, it's the lowest I've seen it go for. But PSP seem to have increasingly good sales, so unless it's very urgent, chances are you can catch a bargain for it. 

Thks a  lot def on my list , it's an old one , i remeber testing it back then , so it should also adress the cpu hit concern !!!

• Like 1

I've just bought the Nembrini EchoBandit Rack after demoing it in a mix - it's really really nice.

You can demo all their stuff first, so try before you buy. https://www.nembriniaudio.com/products/echobandit-rack-analog-tape-echo-delay

It's not super creative - but it just sounds so f***ing good.

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

i just tried out the CLA freebie. its cool. though not something that is not reparable by other FX in my collection of reverbs.

@Zo did you try the Fabfilter Pro R? No good?

Officialy disgusted : no go on windows 8.1 , i forgot the V12 not supporting windows 8.1 , i thought it would work anyway ... pfff  a chance i didn't renew my WUP 

PRo R : i use it when i need precise reverb with a specific ADRS freq wise , it's super versatyle but lacks caracter imho , think of it like SPACE , not reverb , for the last i would go elsewhere ..... 

Softube tsar is imho one of the most underatted , it's fast and can do anything , cpu is nothing 

IK Sunset : my first pick

TC VSS3 : Classy and always does the job

PCM : might be your last reverbs 

Black hole : for long reverb / eternal /.... my goto 

Verbsuites : when i need something specific or when searching for a vibes during production