Guitar Rig 6 vst 3 Not working

elias schmidt

Has anyone tried getting guitar rig 6 and the vst 3 plugin working in the latest version of cakewalk? I am on windows 10 x64 and have tried running cakewalk as administrator and made sure my vst plugin path was correct. I also have other vst3 plugins working just not guitar rig 6. I did a test with reaper and it was the only daw to be able to see guitar rig six vst 3. Ableton lite and Cubase 10 don't read it either just Reaper. Let me know if you have any insight. I can get guitar rig 4 working in cakewalk because its a vst2 format. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I found the same issue, I only have the Guitar Rig 6 "player" version, which is likely fine for my needs but I may opt for the pro version depending on whether I like it or not, I'm going to compare it with amplitube see which I like best. Either way with both options it must work as a vst in Cakewalk, I don't care much for standalone stuff that works outside of my favourite DAW.

In the native access app it said that guitar rig's vst's were in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 " which is in cakewalk's list of places to scan and where I did actually find a "Guitar Rig 6.dll" but despite rescanning the vst's and reading a log file a couple of times nothing. I copied the "Guitar Rig 6.dll" to cakewalk's own "vstplugins" folder just as a last ditch attempt and without a manual rescan cakewalk picked it up straight away. Strange but true, hope that helps someone.

By design, files with a .dll extension are not scanned in the dedicated VST3 folders.

Manufacturers should not install plug-ins with a .dll extension in the VST3 folders. The .dlls in these folders are consider support files not plug-ins. 

Only files with a .vst3 extension are scanned in the VST3 folders.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...