For Grouped clips, show starting point on click

Todd Groemling

I've been using Cakewalk for decades and it blows my mind that the DAW lets me group clips, but when I click on the 1st clip in a group, the Properties view shows the start time as Multi. If I'm grouping clips, wouldn't you think I'd want to be able to know when the time when the group starts? BTW: I do want to know that.

Inspector is showing "multi" because in a group there are multiple clips grouped.

Individual clips in a group can also be selected. Click on the "body" of the clip, then check inspector.

Also, select group, check selection module on control bar, it will show start of selection=start of first clip.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I understand what you're saying and that works, so, thank you. However, this points to another issue: Having to make one extra click to see this info. My ideal scenario would be to click on the 1st clip of a group and see the start time in the Clip Properties menu OR for the Select menu on the control bar to be 'popped' out, so I don't have to click on that menu to see the start time.

Having to make an extra click every time I want to see the start time of a group adds up...to mouse fatigue and just slows me down. So, if Cakewalk can't or won't let me click on a group and show the group's start time in the Clip Properties menu, then how do I get the Control Bar modified to have the information in the Select menu be displayed by default, so I don't have to click it?