Acustica Black Friday Sale!

cclarry

Thanks! It looks to cover almost all the products. The free upgrades when they have a revision, and loyalty discount are nice.

Some of the higher discounts that beat last year's, and this is likely missing some:

• Amethyst 80% off like Tom mentioned
  • Emerald 80%
  • Lime 75%
  • Magenta 75%
  • Viridian 80%
  • Ultramarine 75%
  • Water 75%
  • Diamond Lift - 60% now, was 50% last year
  • Scarlet - 65% off, was 55% last year

Many of the products (a little over half?) were of a higher discount last year. That's probably the wrong way to think about things; the right way is to pick the modules you want given the current price. There's no guarantee the previous prices will be met or beat. But it's something I was curious about. In case anyone else was curious:

• Last year, many more products were 70% off. Talking about 60% vs 70% seems cheap, and it probably is, but it means we're paying 40% vs 30% of the original price, which means 33% over last year's sale price. On the other hand, if something is 80% now and 70% last year that means it's 1/3 off last year's sale.
  • Prices are in Euros; for people in the US, the exchange rate is worse than last year. This is silly to complain about and is out of Acustica's control, but it means that in dollars things went up 8%.
    On the other hand, for people who get paid in euros, are still fortunate to have a stable job that pays the same through the pandemic etc., this means they have more US$ than last year for other, US-based, sales.
  • Some price increases over the last year, for example on Amber (189->199) and Green (119->219). Sometimes it might also happen with a new revision?
  • As an example that hits multiple points, Green3 was €35 last year and Green4 is €78 this year.

I think the loyalty discount I started getting after last year makes up for some or all of this though.

And I'm not complaining -- in the other direction, nothing was over 70% last year and now there's at least those 7 at 75-80%. 

Thanks for posting, Larry! I'll pick up a couple but this also gave me a chance to look through what they model again.

Edit to add: here's the community list of what includes which models. My understanding is this is maintained by user Doom64 over at GS? https://justpaste.it/AcusticaAudioAcquaMasterList

Edited by mister_tea
  • Like 1

Thanks again, picked up Magenta (Manley), Veridian (Helios/PIE, 60s flavor), and Amethyst (Amek), considering a couple others but there will be more sales.

On other places on the internet this seems to be overshadowed by an improved or new Acustica resale process - everyone gets five free license transfers, beyond that it's 25 (euro?), but what's nice is each transaction of a SET of plugins counts as one transfer, so you don't get into silly situations of spending $20+ to give someone an IK or Ilok plugin worth $30.

As a result of that I imagine now might be a time where people are selling Acustica stuff they got then never got into.

Edited by mister_tea
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, mister_tea said:

As a result of that I imagine now might be a time where people are selling Acustica stuff they got then never got into.

Keep in mind this current policy could change at any given moment as it has in the past. I can see it being abused already. I could pick up another copy of Amethyst for $13.00 & sell it for profit. Once they see this type of behavior happening in multiple accounts I'm sure the policy will change.

BTW a Cyber Monday email was sent out along with several more personal coupons.

• Thanks 1

TRied magenta , versus a real vari mu , still wondering if they do not spend more time on gui lol ... ok kinda hard , it sound nice for a plugin but nothing like the HW ... same for everything i tried versus the real deal ...

Anything else to check ? Skipped sand and the 32c harrison thing ...

2 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Keep in mind this current policy could change at any given moment as it has in the past. I can see it being abused already. I could pick up another copy of Amethyst for $13.00 & sell it for profit. Once they see this type of behavior happening in multiple accounts I'm sure the policy will change.

BTW a Cyber Monday email was sent out along with several more personal coupons.

yeah, I imagine even with the 25-euro fee,there's a lot of room for someone with maximized personalized discount to load up and then sell a bunch of things as a group. Especially if they allow duplicate licenses. Hopefully people behave, but it's the internet... 

Thanks for the cyber monday heads-up. I only get the personal loyalty discount coupons. There's a newsletter button in the account area but I'm unable to get it to stick.