Changing a Project's Tempo

Larry Jones

Question

2 answers to this question

The instructions seem to be still valid.

AFAIK there's no reason that the clips have to start at zero, but doing a "bounce to clip(s)" on each of your audio clips is good practice before doing any type of pitch processing. There's still some bugs in clip processing that can crop up, and "bounce to clip(s)" individually on each clip seems to work around most of them.

You shouldn't have to bounce them all down at the track level though, but in saying that, it will mean less work for you, as you'll have less clips to change AudioSnap settings on.

Edited by msmcleod

I don't know if I'm allowed any followup whining on this Q&A forum, but...

This didn't go well. I didn't bounce to clips, I just went through the instructions noted in my original question and changed the tempo of the project from 172bpm to 160bpm. I'll have to take more time to analyze this, but it appears that the MIDI tracks followed the change, but not the audio tracks. Also, some of the audio tracks change tempo apparently randomly at various points in the song.

I think I'll try it again, this time bouncing everything to clips first. Guess I should also have a look at the tempo map, in case there's something there, although there have never been any random tempo changes in the past and the song doesn't have any intentional changes.

I thought those instructions looked too good to be true.